Some truly evil schitt going down at Penn State

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Whatever, burn the whole fucking town down!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    day said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Pro-pedophilia riots by the dipshit Buggery Lions fans:

This is a good example why no one takes you seriously.

Well, it's pretty much how it's being presented in the international media.

• When I was at PSU in '97, there was a riot, bigger than this one, during Artsfest weekend. 25 streetlights torn down, kegs thrown out windows onto cars, a car burning in the middle of Beaver Ave, all over absolutely nothing.
    I think rioting is just their go-to response.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Flomotion said:
    day said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

What's the alternative way of looking at it?

There is no alternative.

1. All telephone poles are elephants.
    2. Sally is a telephone pole.
    3. Therefore, Sally is an elephant.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Flomotion said:
    day said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

What's the alternative way of looking at it? Maybe day thinks it's just some wholesome college kids blowing off steam after midterms?

No, not at all. I've made it clear what my stance is on all of this. I also understand the blind loyalty some of those kids have. While I think it's ignorant and in incredibly bad taste, it does not equate to a "pro-pedophilia" rally.

I really had to explain this?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    day said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Flomotion said:
    day said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

What's the alternative way of looking at it? Maybe day thinks it's just some wholesome college kids blowing off steam after midterms?

No, not at all. I've made it clear what my stance is on all of this. I also understand the blind loyalty some of those kids have. While I think it's ignorant and in incredibly bad taste, it does not equate to a "pro-pedophilia" rally.

I really had to explain this?

No you didn't.
    Only one person here is stupid enough not to understand that.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Why is this dude McQueary still allowed to coach? Unbelievable.

• serious question: why do any of you dudes bother trying to "debate" with this frankiemeltzer troll?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Speaking for myself, there are some tiny glimmers of sanity and reason demonstrated now and then. I think this creates false hope.

Because I am a pathetic loser who can't control my urges.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    BAN.

• too many folks are getting caught up in soulstrut-persona beefs and its getting boring. ive benefited at times from thoughts and links posted by cragmong,laserwolf,frankmeltz,rockadel,bonviv,brian etc. Stupid shit does get said at times but its tedious for everyone to constantly dwell on it. ignore what you dont like and get back to the conversations of subject matter...or im going have to start frequenting cnn and aljazeera to get my news.

• phongone said:
    Why is this dude McQueary still allowed to coach? Unbelievable.

He is? No way he's on the sideline this Saturday.
    And where the hell is Sandusky, anyway?
    Sitting in some hotel room somewhere?

-just saw a vid of him at home. that's nuts. his home is right down the street from an elementary school, to boot.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• i hope these irish catholic fucks get thrown in jail and have their cornholes pounded with extreme prejudice.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    blakatom said:
    i hope these irish catholic fucks get thrown in jail and have their cornholes pounded with extreme prejudice.

That's like trying to punish a masochist by giving him a spanking.

About those rioting pro-ass-rape students turning over tv-trucks and shit: Why don't the cops bring out the rubber bullets and split skulls with well aimed tear gas canisters when it's truly appropriate?

And why is this Paterno character still not locked up without bail?
    If he'd have any sense he'd take that gun out of his desk drawer and end his miserable existence.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    blakatom said:
    i hope these irish catholic fucks get thrown in jail and have their cornholes pounded with extreme prejudice.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    blakatom said:
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Seriously. We all know this was caused by the Jews.

• It might not be a purely pro-pederass riot, but it is a "football and tradition, blah blah blah are more important than protecting kids from abuse" riot. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

I have not followed this story, or thread, too closely.

From what I know, which may be all wrong, there seems to be some misplaced anger.

It seems like all the anger is aimed at Paterno.
    Best I can tell he is not the abuser.

Did he actually see abuse? Or was he told about it?
    If he was told about it he did the right thing initially.
    Report it to the people who are supposed to follow through.

Then when nothing happened in a week, month, 6 months, he should have followed up. Seems like that never happened.
    But if all he knew was accusations, then telling the people who you trust to follow through is the right move.

The other thing I am unclear on is how long this guy continued to work for Paterno after he knew of the allegations.

If he actually saw abuse... ok, no excuse. He should have gone straight to the police.

To spread some more hate around. If someone else witnessed the abuse and all they did is tell Paterno. Then that person needs to be where your anger is aimed. Not that there isn't enough anger to go around.

Just seems, from the little I have heard, that Sandusky is the criminal and the witnesses are the enablers.

And please, try not to put your sports heroes on pedestals.

• Yeah, I mean- a 28 year-old saw a 10 year-old being raped by a 50 year-old... and ran, called his dad, and two days later, told his football coach.

Bro- STEP IN AND STOP THAT SHIT. BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF THE 50 year-old. Scream. Yell. Throw a garbage can.

The more comes out, the more that moment is just so fucked up as to be unbelievable...

• LaserWolf said:

From what I know, which may be all wrong, there seems to be some misplaced anger.

Then when nothing happened in a week, month, 6 months, he should have followed up. Seems like that never happened.
    But if all he knew was accusations, then telling the people who you trust to follow through is the right move.

The other thing I am unclear on is how long this guy continued to work for Paterno after he knew of the allegations.

If he actually saw abuse... ok, no excuse. He should have gone straight to the police.

To spread some more hate around. If someone else witnessed the abuse and all they did is tell Paterno. Then that person needs to be where your anger is aimed. Not that there isn't enough anger to go around.

Just seems, from the little I have heard, that Sandusky is the criminal and the witnesses are the enablers.

you are too lazy to learn the well known reported facts, but yet you are criticizing people for having "misplaced anger" based on assumptions that you took out of our ass.

:walk_away_son:

• Sorry, but Paterno is as culpable as anyone in this mess outside of the sodimizer. If you were Paterno and heard about this would you just merely tell your Athletic Director? Also, why would you continue to let the accused sodimizer still use locker rooms and facilities for sport camps for little boys and his "charity"? It is ridiculous to even think or mutter some sort if "poor Joe" or " what a shame" crap...it was his house, he was in charge of it, he is then part of the problem. He takes credit for everything Penn State football accomplished in the last 46 years, so he must take blame for this horrendous thing that grew under his watch. It is bullshit to say otherwise.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    you are too lazy to learn the well known reported facts, but yet you are criticizing people for having "misplaced anger" based on assumptions that you took out of our ass.

What else is new?

• when you start out an argument by saying "from what i know, which may be all wrong...", the internet gods should come down and smack you in the face.

keithvanhorn said:
    LaserWolf said:

I didn't mean to criticize anyone. Sorry to have expressed myself badly.

It's not lazy. I just am not interested in reading all the gory details.*
    My assumptions. Which I admit they are. Did not come from my ass, but from my admittedly limited knowledge.
    Feel free to school me on anything I got wrong.

*I do not have to read about pedos 2,500 miles away. We have plenty right in my community that I find far more disturbing.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Sorry, but Paterno is as culpable as anyone in this mess outside of the sodimizer. If you were Paterno and heard about this would you just merely tell your Athletic Director? Also, why would you continue to let the accused sodimizer still use locker rooms and facilities for sport camps for little boys and his "charity"? It is ridiculous to even think or mutter some sort if "poor Joe" or " what a shame" crap...it was his house, he was in charge of it, he is then part of the problem. He takes credit for everything Penn State football accomplished in the last 46 years, so he must take blame for this horrendous thing that grew under his watch. It is bullshit to say otherwise.

While I agree with this I'm starting to think that this 84 year old guy is not of sound mind.

When common sense tells you to, at the very least, publicly show concern for the victims, this dude yells "Beat Nebraska".

Even football doesn't make you THAT dumb.

LaserWolf said:
    *I do not have to read about pedos 2,500 miles away. We have plenty right in my community that I find far more disturbing.

This is not about pedophiles.

It's about others protecting, ignoring and enabling pedophiles to operate within their supposed hallowed halls.

It's about the ignorance, callousness and stupidity of professional adults who put just about everything else above protecting children from being raped.

It's about a society where people are afraid to "Judge" for fear that they will be judged.

And it's pretty damn sickening.

• question...how did this story blow up recently? (as opposed to ten years ago) Was it because of media looking into it or the attorney generals office making things public? i think i missed that detail.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Sorry, but Paterno is as culpable as anyone in this mess outside of the sodimizer. If you were Paterno and heard about this would you just merely tell your Athletic Director? Also, why would you continue to let the accused sodimizer still use locker rooms and facilities for sport camps for little boys and his "charity"? It is ridiculous to even think or mutter some sort if "poor Joe" or " what a shame" crap...it was his house, he was in charge of it, he is then part of the problem. He takes credit for everything Penn State football accomplished in the last 46 years, so he must take blame for this horrendous thing that grew under his watch. It is bullshit to say otherwise.

I hope you don't think I was saying 'poor Joe' or 'what a shame'. I wasn't.

Working with children and volunteers I was given a clear chain of command when abuse was suspected.
    Fortunately for me, my volunteers, and the children, I have/had full faith in those higher up.
    The key word here is suspected. I never came close to a sex abuse claim, but suspected neglect, physical abuse, was common.
    Suspected is very different than witnessing.
    For suspected abuse my volunteers reported to me (or to the people above me if they wanted), I reported up to people who in the majority of cases were already on the case.
    For witnessing abuse 911 is the only appropriate response.

^Just to give you an idea where I am coming from.

If the AD was the person who was in charge of this kind of thing, then yes he would be the person to relay (This was 3rd hand by then? No?) the information to. Now, the people I relayed to I had full faith in. If the AD was not the correct person, if he couldn't be trusted, if he did nothing, then Paterno absolutely should have followed up. I think I said that.

I agree with everything else you said.

Where I disagree with you is that Paterno had more responsibility than the witness.