peacefuljoshdjrotationb.cause appreciation post

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Homeboy is the muthafuckin' man !!a great dude on many levels and i don't even know homie in the real worldi expect many co-signs...3 cheers for the man with 1000 names !!

Comments

• the family man who's family.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the family man who's family.

I love me some Josh. Dude hit me off with some mixes he did that made my drive into work something to actually look forward to

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the family man who's family.

I love me some Josh. Dude hit me off
    AYOOOO

just kidding. peacefulroation is one of the coolest dude out there.

• Yeah levelheaded & openminded. Can't front.
    Peace from a foreigner.. Ha!

• Josh is one of the most knowledgable collectors I've met and also one of the nicest. Definitely a calming influence here on the Strut too. And we all know he is a monster on the ones and twos.

• josh is what's up. by far the best dj-who-thinks-he-looks-like-ernest-borgnine that i've ever heard.

personally, i think he looks more like dominic west.

don't stop rispecfellatin'.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This guy here...this is the guy....

F'real, P.Ro is totally that dude whose dudeness is beyond question. Those who can't appreciate need to dissipate.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Josh is the motherfucking DUDE.

Always chiming in with the much needed balance around here and a terrorizing force to be wreckoned with on the turntables.

Not to mention an all around awesome dude.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    personally, i think he looks more like

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• aw shux

In appreciation of y'all here's a "mash up" or whatever they call'em from a sketchy tascam 4 track mix from 1998....

TROTTERS 98

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Dude is one my favorite 'Strutters. For real.

And to think, I thought he was just some random dude at the bar that knew Moist & Jinx when I met him a couple years back. Had I known then who his alter-ego was, I would've ditched them zeros and got with the P-Ro!

Herm

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dude is one my favorite 'Strutters. For real.

Yeah, me too.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Not only do I luv him, but I luv to luv him!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Dude has been dude with me for a lotta years. And not one but TWO random meetings over the years have kept us in touch.

Once by me wandering into some record store while on vacation and being like "holy shit, JOSH?!" and him saying "holy shit, JOSH?!" and then going to a party that night and seeing the dude rip shit for the first time since he was scratching with training wheels. I felt and at the same time.

then once again almost 5 years later on a random message board and him going "holy shit, JOSH?!" and me going "holy shit, JOSH?!"

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    classiest dude up on this message board. big ups!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    No doubt, did a fine CD trade with Josh and he's been real cool and responsive when I PM him with random questions about certain records he knows about. Love the kid pics, too. Props due!

• Man fuck that. Josh is nice. Too nice. So nice that, when I first came on the board, and he didn't like me, he decided he'd stop posting instead of running up and "banking on me"

MOOOOOAAAARK!!! YOU SHOULDA BANKED ON ME PATNA!!!

So I'm hatting. Step in the name of hatt 2005. Fuck that dude and his sellin Yay Area shit to tourests and his boola boola 45s and his Mr. Flamboyant want list ass and his turntablist orchestra playin backpack virgin disguised as a roider self.

No seriously dude is the truth. Got way more knowledge than he lets on, is superb on the decks, and is humble enough not to throw it in yer face. Someone for everyone to look up to and learn from.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    some words that come to mind...

balanced - nice - to the point - reserved - funny - talented

still looking forward to chilling with the hommie one of these days. Plus he's got chechos in his kitchen. No hatteration here.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Learn your tables a musical way

Once, while stuck at Humboldt State University, I had to resort to the use of an on-campus restroom for a deadly duece session. I walked inside the stall, shut the door, and as I sat down noticed someone had written, "Medocino grows the kind buds." Only in Arcata.

Josh is, indeed, a kind bud. Only Arcata could rear such a peaceful Borgninian. Josh is the type of dude to listen to you rattle on about some raer that you think is the bee's knees, allowing you your moment of bliss with the particular platter. And months later you see the same raer in one of his eBay auctions, listed as an "unplayed double." Now that's peaceful. Dude knows it's more important to celebrate the music than it is to squish the wish -- just to prove to you that he's got that. But believe, he's got that. File under: whoreder.

If I were to go into the message board business I'd pray to Jesus to send me a member like peacefulrotation: kind, never harshing anyone's mellow, dropping tonnes of know(the)ledge, funny, dashingly handsome, humble.

Occasionally, it slips -- and you get a peek into the Hall of Dopeness??? -- usually in an offhand comment, "I'd have to go to storage to double-check, but that sounds right," "the punk 7-inches are in the basement," "Oh, I guess I do have that record?"

What you know about this heat?

• Not an evil bone in this man's body.Truly a humble and kind fellow.Top honors sir!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

peacefulroation is one of the coolest dude out there.

A good egg. And yes, he does indeed bear more than a passing resemblence to

• i knew daze would know pro cuz he's my idol. i wish to be so kind and sweet.

plus i hear dude is going to be in LA soon...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Wow, the hommies have been getting a lot of love lately on the board, which is a good look. However, all I've been doing lately is

but I got to give respect to the REAL humble magnificent. Learned so much from this guy, whether bothering him in the shop with all kinds of rr questions, djing alonside duke, or observing real world moves made. SPECK.

• seriously dude is the truth. Got way more knowledge than he lets on, is superb on the decks, and is humble enough not to throw it in yer face. Someone for everyone to look up to and learn from.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Max muhfuckin' CHAMP!

Been here a year and a half and 95 posts! Quality / Quantity

• What you know about this heat?

damn, what movie is that?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    classiest dude up on this message board. big ups!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

What you know about this heat?

damn, what movie is that?

It's actually the cover of his new mix, called What You Know About This Heat?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Once by me wandering into some record store while on vacation and being like "holy shit, JOSH?!"

then once again almost 5 years later on a random message board and him going "holy shit, JOSH?!" and me going "holy shit, JOSH?!"