Options

Heavy D RIP??

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoy said:
    A friend of mine did a live TV show with Westwood last night. Apparently he got the news of Hev's death about a minute before he went on air, and burst into tears.

Damn, just yesterday I watched Westwood's interview with him. Dude had a new album out, he was in good spirits and looked real healthy. What a difference a few days make. RIP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• So young...dam.

RIP

• I just saw him a few weeks ago. He walked into my barber shop and I though, wow, that's Heavy D. He was looking good. Really sad.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just a note.

Many times on facebook I'm smacking my head at some of the things people say on there (They probably smack their heads at the things I say as well).

But the last 24 hours has been extremely nice to see so many people mention Heavy D. Lot's of friends that I never thought in a million years would even know who the guy was. This is not to say that The Heavster didn't deserve this, or wasn't a big enough artist to have that type of reach. But growing up I've always thought that he & the Boyz never truly got the respect that they deserved.

In any case, dude will be missed. Far to young...

• minimini 879 Posts

• DOR said:
    Just a note.

Many times on facebook I'm smacking my head at some of the things people say on there (They probably smack their heads at the things I say as well).

But the last 24 hours has been extremely nice to see so many people mention Heavy D. Lot's of friends that I never thought in a million years would even know who the guy was. This is not to say that The Heavster didn't deserve this, or wasn't a big enough artist to have that type of reach. But growing up I've always thought that he & the Boyz never truly got the respect that they deserved.

In any case, dude will be missed. Far to young...

Yes I've noticed this as well. I've seen Heavy D mentions everywhere. Like I said earlier I think people have forgotten just how popular he was at one point.

As I mentioned earlier on TMZ his death has had hundreds of replies. I've seen deaths on there get like 15 replies at the most. I've seen it mentioned on movie sites, sports sites, etc. It's sad, but nice to see.

Also here's a great Marley Marl tribute mix he did which people will enjoy. I can't figure out how to download it. :(

http://soundcloud.com/goldeneraradio/marley-marl-heavy-dee-tribute?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/goldeneraradio/marley-marl-heavy-dee-tribute