Style Wars restoration project

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I peeped this and I really would like them to upgrade this to Blu-ray.

I hope someone steps in a funds a deluxe version. Fuck all the trinkets includes.

and remastered audio

• dang and here i thought i already bought the deluxe version with the fancy out takes...

might need to get my pledge on..lol

Did that last double dvd have outtakes? I have it and i think all the extras were just interviews and shit.

• batmon said:
    Did that last double dvd have outtakes? I have it and i think all the extras were just interviews and shit.

yeah they had outtakes, the double dvd i have says "over 23 minutes of original outtake footage" which most of was the dondi stuff (R.I.P) there was some interviews with Henry & Tony Silver and other interveiws with the editors and shit..

disc 2 had "Hall Of Fame" which were gallery pics and tributes to Dondi and Shy 147, some interviews (goldie,guru,red alert,fab5freddy and Martha cooper)

and short video called "Destroy All Lines" which was a loop of over 200 Whole Cars and burners...

and some other schitt

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Jspr said:
    Semi related:
    I'd kill to see the scrapped Furious Five footage from Wild Style. Sayin...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    batmon said:

yeah they had outtakes, the double dvd i have says "over 23 minutes of original outtake footage" which most of was the dondi stuff (R.I.P) there was some interviews with Henry & Tony Silver and other interveiws with the editors and shit..

disc 2 had "Hall Of Fame" which were gallery pics and tributes to Dondi and Shy 147, some interviews (goldie,guru,red alert,fab5freddy and Martha cooper)

and short video called "Destroy All Lines" which was a loop of over 200 Whole Cars and burners...

and some other schitt

exactly... the main outtakes stuff on the DVD was the dondi interview in his studio... tho the "where r they now" stuff was cool...

"GIMMIE SOME CANDY, MUH"

• the whole part of this that i dont get it "the raising of money to go into the vault and pull all the old footage" or to "to rent the studio space and equipment, pay for the labour to go into the archives and find the best outakes" Henry and Tony filmed and edited the movie, i would assume that Henry would have all the footage/own all the footage from the movie...and given we are talking about Henry is it silly for me to just think that he "should/could/would" already have access to the resources to make this happen with out a "donation collection pot"?

although i think its a dope project the more i think about it though it reminds of some Disney type ish, where every 5 to 10 years they "redo" a classic like Bambi and reissue it, i believe Bambi has been re-released like 13 times or so since 1942, rather then go in and pick out "selected" parts of the outtakes why not provide all the outtakes? if you want to "give the people the ability to see behind the scenes shit" then give the people all of it rather then bits and pieces of it or is this so they capitalize on it years from now with another "Wild Style - ultra raer never seen before unreleased impossible to find footage" dvd
    But this history is threatened. The original footage is damaged and fading. Fortunately, it will be possible to repair using digital technology. It will cost $28,000 to save and restore the outtakes. Saving the best outtakes is an important component of our overall project to restore the entire negative of the film and make an HD master which will preserve the record of the first painted trains in their original vivid colors.

so if the money isnt raised are they just going to let all the footage go to hell....lol, they want people to pay to have the footage restored to make an HD master and then pay to get the dvd so you can see what the hell you paid for to begin with...

what did he do with money from the last deluxe dvd sale? iirc that shit was like close to 30 dollars when it dropped.

• "the rich get richer-r"

i believe i paid sumthin like $40 for my "Deluxe" copy, not to mention i have another dvd copy before the deluxe version came out and i bought 2 copies of it on VHS back in the day after wearing out my first copy...

i cant fully hate on Henry he is the man after all and i must give credit where its due, but this has "dicey" written all over it to me..

dj_cityboy said:
    i cant fully hate on Henry he is the man after all and i must give credit where its due, but this has "dicey" written all over it to me..

Sayin......

On the real im all for deluxe editions w/ extras, but Style Wars isnt some West Side Story shit.
    Its a humble off the radar doc that gained classic status. I enjoyed it as it was for decades. I didnt front on the deluxe DVD.
    Ill be happy to cop the Blu-Ray, but if he fails to upgrade because the public doesnt donate, fuck it.
    I can live with what has been done up to this point.

• When is Wild Style coming out on blu-ray?