Best Standup Comedian performing today?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Is it Louie CK? I saw him last night here in Pittsburgh and it was awesome. I feel like he's peaking!

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Seeing him a week from today, in Staten Island to boot! Was hoping to go with my girl, but she can't make it, so hopefully a romantic ferry ride and night of giggly hand-holding with my boy Chuck will suffice.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah,if you had to chose one person today it would be him. Whenever he's on the Opie & Anthony show he's excellent as well.
    I also think that one big factor that distinguishes him from many of his peers is that every year he throws out his old material & starts fresh which I love. I find there's nothing worse than comedians who keep on regurgitating the same material.

But there are different styles of stand up so I guess it depends on each person, you know. I really like Doug Stanhope but some people think he's too "hardcore".

I just 'discovered' Ted Alexandro last week & I gotta say he's excellent too, not as good as CK but very good.

• downtownrobbrown said:
    Is it Louie CK? I saw him last night here in Pittsburgh and it was awesome. I feel like he's peaking!

I too was at this. Great great show.

• CK has hit his stride on a whole other level.
    Recently I've heard/seen stuff from hanibal burres and he is hilarious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Comedy thread are always terrible at SS. Always.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah they are

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I went to HS with Ted Alexandro. It's bizarre to me that he is a well-known stand up now, dude was not a funny guy back then.

Louis CK gets my vote.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Louis for sure, but I also like this guy. Bill Burr anybody? Remember him from Chappelle Show?

- spidey

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    BILLY BURR.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Sorry but Paul mooney hands down.

• I think Jim Jeffries is really funny.

• Norm Macdonald's recent stand-up is pretty untouchable.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    louis is the king.

anthony jeselnik, kyle kinane, hannibal burress are pretty good right now.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    BILLY BURR.

this shit is legendary...

but i don't think he's elite... he has his moments,but end to end, he's not on that level... louis ck is def beasting now... what's up w/ kat williams these days?

I saw Anthony Jeselnik last month and it was devastating. His shit was just menacing, and it was great to be there. The room was buzzing. I loved it.

Of all the standups regularly working, I go with Bill Burr right now. He's really hitting his stride in the last year or so, getting the attention he deserves. The way he's completely humble while ranting like an asshole is what does it for me. So good. His podcast just keeps getting better, too.

Louis CK is killing it with his output: awesome.

There are so many great standups again (and still)--it's great.

I saw Anthony Jeselnik last month and it was devastating. His shit was just menacing, and it was great to be there. The room was buzzing. I loved it.

Of all the standups regularly working, I go with Bill Burr right now. He's really hitting his stride in the last year or so, getting the attention he deserves. The way he's completely humble while ranting like an asshole is what does it for me. So good. His podcast just keeps getting better, too.

Louis CK is killing it with his output: awesome.

There are so many great standups again (and still)--it's great.

Knowhatimean?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:

this is true, his podcast is better than his standup...

• Anybody else check this out today? A new hour worth of standup, for five bucks on his website.

https://buy.louisck.net/