FMU recap

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
I finally get off the road, and am in town for FMU... and am stuck at home with a two-week old, and a shit load of family.

So, what was found? What went down? Post pics, hazy memories, and let me live through the vicariousness, yo.

Comments

• Ah... I went to the wrong message board.

Rookie mistake.

• gareth said:
    and am stuck at home with a two-week old

Congrats!

So if you have a lot of family in town does that mean you get the pass for Giants vs Pats this weekend?

And to keep it thread related this was the first time in 7 years I didn't make it to the fair, oh well, there's always next year.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    missed seeing youse guys

fair was a bit different this year, not bad,
    just strange

• 2011 theme: Austerity Measures

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Congrats on the birth, G.

SOI FMU 2011 RECAP:

10/29

5:30 AM wake up
    7:00 AM take 4 1/2 hr bus ride to NYC
    11:30 AM arrive NYC in middle of freak snowstorm
    12:00 PM spend 6 1/2 hours looking at records, buy mucho 45s, lots of fuzz
    7:00 PM hit bar down block for beers and corned beef with PGunn, GP, and FOS fam
    9:00 PM hit GRNYC party, non-stop beers, whiskey, weed and waxiderming for 7 hours
    4:00 AM out to Jersey City to crash. dream I met Big Stacks at GR party.

10/30

11:30 AM wake up feeling like came out of 6 month coma
    1:00 PM amazing Jersey City bagel restores some life
    2:00 PM spend 4 hours looking at records, buy mix of LPs and 45s
    6:30 PM stand outside in line for 90 minutes then take 5 1/2 hour bus back to Boston
    1:45 AM arrive home

some stuff I brought home:

• SoulOnIce said:
    dream I met Big Stacks at GR party

Oh man. Hahaha
    Dude, you did meet Big Stacks at the GR party. He was there, with wifey in tow, gone off that Grand Marnier!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    dream I met Big Stacks at GR party

Oh man. Hahaha
    Dude, you did meet Big Stacks at the GR party. He was there, with wifey in tow, gone off that Grand Marnier!

Hey Jonny,

I didn't realize our 'Strut studliness was captured together on film. LOL!!! To SoulonIce, you don't remember me, holmes? My memory of our meeting is fuzzy too, as I was drunk like a muthafucka that night. I came up on a grip of vinyls at WFMU (and a few from GR too), and I'll post some photos at some point. Jonny, I'll hit you on the PMs for the bizness, bro!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak