What is this "soft" shit?

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Soft meaning bad on the Strut these days. If you are growing as an artist and person and you are not afraid to show it than you are soft like Common. If you are an ignorant cunt that does everything to make more money and more money like Fitty than you are hard. And you are making the better rap records.

It's nothing new but it really gets on my nerves to read about it here.

Personally I'm all into soft artists like Curtis and Al Green and will always BE.

Oh jeez... Curtis and Al Green were never soft.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Me Phi Mi, ask dude who's roommate got his gf stolen by MPM though, and you might hear otherwise.

Are you talking obout this funky chicken here?

We've stolen it without a doubt but not from a roomate of a long forgotten semi-soft rapper tahat i don't know personally.

Elaborate!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think we definitely need a "soft" graemlin.

Soft = the new

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Soft meaning bad on the Strut these days. If you are growing as an artist and person and you are not afraid to show it than you are soft like Common. If you are an ignorant cunt that does everything to make more money and more money like Fitty than you are hard. And you are making the better rap records.

It's nothing new but it really gets on my nerves to read about it here.

Personally I'm all into soft artists like Curtis and Al Green and will always BE.

i dont know. i seem to remember curtis donning some macrame newsie hat, no? i mean, does macrame count as soft?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Two Words: Dream Warriors

"You wash your face in my sink?"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Wow, plenty of ignorant comments in here (which I should've expected)

Some of yawl must be listening to some bad music, or no new music at all

In fact, there is plenty of "mellow shit" with "live instruments" around today that doesn't mention "crack deals" or "menages" and could even be considered "jazzy" yet is still

To think dudes on here could be using 50 Cent as an example to prove that all current rap is bad, clearly you simply aren't checking for new rap AT ALL

Take that shit back to the-breaks, stonesthrow or okayplayer, beyatches

• Wow, plenty of ignorant comments in here (which I should've expected)

Some of yawl must be listening to some bad music, or no new music at all

In fact, there is plenty of "mellow shit" with "live instruments" around today that doesn't mention "crack deals" or "menages" and could even be considered "jazzy" yet is still

To think dudes on here could be using 50 Cent as an example to prove that all current rap is bad, clearly you simply aren't checking for new rap AT ALL

Take that shit back to the-breaks, stonesthrow or okayplayer, beyatches

I[/b] know this, but mad peoples is ignant. I'm not saying 50 is bad, but alot of youngns see him and people like him as the epitome of hard. And the same heads think that jazzy, instrumental, thought-provoking music is soft.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    And the same heads think that jazzy, instrumental, thought-provoking music is soft.

How much "jazzy, instrumental, thought-provoking music" is there really, though?

I find the typical "hard"/gangsta rapper to be infinitely more interesting than the typical "thought-provoker" guy.

-e

And the same heads think that jazzy, instrumental, thought-provoking music is soft.

How much "jazzy, instrumental, thought-provoking music" is there really, though?

I find the typical "hard"/gangsta rapper to be infinitely more interesting than the typical "thought-provoker" guy.

-e

Why are dudes looking to rap to get their "jazziness" fix, anyway? Try some jazz--and I don't mean that fuzack crap that's so popular on here.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Why are dudes looking to rap to get their "jazziness" fix, anyway? Try some jazz--and I don't mean that fuzack crap that's so popular on here.

I've always thought the same.

in many cases, true.

• Some grown man actually asked me to play 50 the other night, and I felt like saying "damn, what are you? 14 years old?" He might as well have asked for brittney spears IMO.

post lunch hater alert.

But really, that to me is the equivalent of asking for MC Hammer 15 years ago....

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

what jazz are you calling fuzak breakfast pastry

• Why are dudes looking to rap to get their "jazziness" fix, anyway? Try some jazz--and I don't mean that fuzack crap that's so popular on here.

what jazz are you calling fuzak breakfast pastry

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Fauzy, I really think you're hot for Common.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Some grown man actually asked me to play 50 the other night, and I felt like saying "damn, what are you? 14 years old?" He might as well have asked for brittney spears IMO.

post lunch hater alert.

But really, that to me is the equivalent of asking for MC Hammer 15 years ago....

Thing is.. Call common what you want right now... 50 ain't ever releasing anything as hard as The Bitch in yoo.

Ever... I don't care how many people he takes bullets from.

I don't understand why people are still tryin to classify hip hop after all these years. When hip hop should be one of the few genres that should be knocking down walls and what is what.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Me Phi Mi, ask dude who's roommate got his gf stolen by MPM though, and you might hear otherwise.

We've stolen it without a doubt but not from a roomate of a long forgotten semi-soft rapper tahat i don't know personally.

Elaborate!

gf = g[/b]irlf[/b]riend

MPM = M[/b]e P[/b]hi M[/b]e

"I'm not a pirate, but I still got yo' ho."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Com's new site up: www.ComSense.com

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Jus playin.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Elaborate!

gf = g[/b]irlf[/b]riend

MPM = M[/b]e P[/b]hi M[/b]e

"I'm not a pirate, but I still got yo' ho."

TFBIDFM = T[/b]hanks F[/b]or B[/b]reaking I[/b]t D[/b]own F[/b]or M[/b]e

Five years later = dudes are still unspeakably soft

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lmao that picture

anyway 'blowout comb' is a dope record fuck yall

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lmho - I love Soul Strut.
    Me laughing in the shower tomorrow morning and randomly chuckling to myself on the bus like a crazy person later tomorrow = thinking about this thread

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    So...just who is "soft" and therefore, undeserving of respect? So far, the SS list seems to have the following included:

Digable Planets
    Common

Who else is soft?
    And by extension, who isn't?

And what, exactly, is wrong with soft?

Damn. This thread was begging for a "soft wang" joke. Dudes really dropped the ball on this one.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I contemplated it, but considered the move too... soft.

• faux_rillz said:
    If you really have to ask what the problem is with rapping in a sleeveless crochet hoodie, then no explanation is going to suffice...