Geoffrey Stoner, shityeah!

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Never heard of the man before and than got blown away by this beauty of a song:

I was sure this album will cost me more than I'm ready to spend but found out it's relatively cheap. Happy day.
Please share some info on the man because there's not much to find about him on the interwebs. Any other goodies to look out for?

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    nice one! Raer?

• That's a nice little joint that I got hipped to right here on SS, in one of those "cheap records you may have overlooked" threads. His other album is tepid at best.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    echoing Guzzo's post in the recent finds thread, I just grabbed a copy of this based on the youtube. A quick google on Geoffrey Stoner taught me that his other LP, called ain't nothing freaky, is exactly as the title suggests, whilst reading the comments on the youtube post I learnt that Stoner has since passed away but that it was his keyboardist, a guy called Harris Lemberg, who wrote this sublime song and who today likes to get around by scooter. Here he is. Now if that's not mindless web trivia I don't know what is.

• basically a 2 tracker. that tune is good but it is a blatant jon lucien ripoff. there is also a decent curtis mayfield.cover. my copy is available for trade...