Share your best recent find

tabiratabira 856 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Frank Strazzeri Frames. Just upped this on you tube but whole LP's good.

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Nice.

Got this 2 weeks ago from a shop wall. I found it was cool.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I dig that Jackie Mitto, thanks

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Rufus & Chaka Khan - Masterjam

I know this is a shit common record and i passed by this some hundred times without taking it and I don't even know why because I always liked Rufus and Chaka and I love me some late seventies Quincy Jones production too. Finally I took this LP home and was mesmerized how good it actually is. Can't remember one song I didn't like. Great songwriting, very elegant and refined production and Chaka is impeccable. This album will stay with me for a long time.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Just upped another one from the same LP

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    tabira said:
    Frank Strazzeri Frames. Just upped this on you tube but whole LP's good.

Thank you,

Bust bought a copy today based on your youtubes.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• Tabira,
    Thanks for sharing. This record really grooves. I browsed your channel. The fender solo half way through on Picou is amazing. Also enjoyed the other videos. Has a nice rare cohesiveness to it.

• posted this in some other thread...
    the sherlock holmes find was actually just the cover. BUT, very significant for me since i have had a nice naked copy of the vinyl for over a decade. i felt like i was cupid playing love connection, fulfilling a couple's destiny.
    Bobby Hamilton was another nice surprise. definitely a vg copy, some lite noise. but i paid nothing for that either.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    posted this in some other thread...
    the sherlock holmes find was actually just the cover. BUT, very significant for me since i have had a nice naked copy of the vinyl for over a decade. i felt like i was cupid playing love connection, fulfilling a couple's destiny.
    Bobby Hamilton was another nice surprise. definitely a vg copy, some lite noise. but i paid nothing for that either.

I always like to think that the newly matched cover and record started out life together, were separated, and now reunited.

• definitely!!! i feel like i'm slowly organizing the universe!

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Crazy rare jesus record i found in a charity shop for peanuts...im sure some folks on here already know about it. There's a few other good cuts on the album but this is the only one i could find on youtube...

• tripledouble said:
    posted this in some other thread...

records next to the fridge. nice!

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    thanks for some of the positive comments here. Very pleased to have just found a cheap copy of this swiss jazz LP. Yes it's a total coltrane rip off but it's done so well with a lot of conviction. You can hear it here - first track - really takes off after the intro

http://i.mixcloud.com/CCxUc