Arthur Verocai in Amsterdam

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Went to see Arthur Verocai last sunday in Amsterdam. Great gig that stayed really close to the original album soundwise.
Thanks to Kindred Spirits for getting this thing together for the Amsterdam Brasil Festival 2011.

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Sounds very nice. I would have loved to be there.

BTW, what's the boards opinion on which re-issue to cop. I haven't heard none of them. Which one is superior: Luv'n'Haight or Kindred Spirits?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    disco_che said:

BTW, what's the boards opinion on which re-issue to cop. I haven't heard none of them. Which one is superior: Luv'n'Haight or Kindred Spirits?

I haven't heard it, but I would guess Kindred Spirits.

The KS is a gatefold w/ printed innersleeve, and their pressings/remastering are good.

• Horseleech said:
    disco_che said:

The KS is a gatefold w/ printed innersleeve, and their pressings/remastering are good.

I would say the Kindred Spirits one as well. They have added stuff and it's a gatefold + fat pressing.
    I have yet to find a Luv n Haight reissue that's not offcentred.

• Horseleech said:
    disco_che said:

I agree. The L&H is not a gate-fold & has generic looking print. Almost bootleg ish, but cheaper.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Have you got a choice , isnt the Luv Haight one out of print and not avail anymore
    The Luv version seems to still fetch decent $ on ebay

gaz said:
    Have you got a choice , isnt the Luv Haight one out of print and not avail anymore

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=158757&ev=mb

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    disco_che said:
    gaz said:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=158757&ev=mb

Yeah obviously still easily avail from private sellers (in europe) I'd go for the kindred spirits one its not much dearer

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the ubiq reish sounds like poo poo, when compared to the rip that Ferrari posted of his og. A lot of the panned mixing was compressed to death on the luv & haight.

Hopefully KS did a better job. If so, I'll buy both cd and lp.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Aser said:
    the ubiq reish sounds like poo poo, when compared to the rip that Ferrari posted of his og.

I continue to Ferrari's digi version over the L&H reish. Thanks!

• Aser said:
    the ubiq reish sounds like poo poo, when compared to the rip that Ferrari posted of his og. A lot of the panned mixing was compressed to death on the luv & haight.

Is that rip still available somewhere?

• grebgreb 32 Posts
    Thanks alot for sharing this!

My Kindred Spirits re-ish just came with the mail and it looks gorgeous. Gatefold with a lot of recording session shots and a nice photo innersleeve as well. Sounds good at first skip-through but I can't compare it directly to the Luv'N'Haight one. For 16 ??? I would say it's worth the purchase.

Edit: Giving it a closer listen I get the impression it sounds a little distorted, especially towards the inner grooves but I'm not sure if it's the record or my stylus.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    markus71 said:
    Aser said:

Is that rip still available somewhere?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BUHEQZS

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    disco_che said:

From what I've been told its the same master and that Kindred Spirits have llicenced it from Luv N Haight as they did with the Salah Ragab , licenced the master from Artyard UK

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    bump.......

any conclusions drawn to the sound quality of the reish compared to the og vinyl rip?

• Not heard the new one but ubiquity one is horrid, here is my slightly cleaned up E.Qed VOG version DJ Ferrari's O.G , probably the best version around. did this for myself so if you don't like it please don't moan.

http://www.divshare.com/download/16566655-7f5

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    far from complaining, thanks!

the ubiq is so bad I don't even listen to my cd. ferrari rip for the win. Would like to buy the Kindred only if I know 100% for certain the rip is an improvement upon the ubiq, no sense in throwing $ down the toilet.

or perhaps ferrari can bless us less ballers with a flac, haha.

• If you are going to rip anything, 24bit Wavs, the ability to clean up cracks and pops well is increased significantly.