Beerstrut Fall 2011 edition

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Was having dinner with some friends this weekend and peeped a beer called Hennipin on the menu...was described as a Saison and since I dig the Belgian stuff decided to give it a try. Great! Awesome brew. Just as good as Duvel white label but at half the price. Highly recommended. What are you drinkin' this autumn?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I really like this German Schwarzbier called Kostritzer. It's a dark lager. Perfect on tap.

• Not pumpkin ale

• i love New Belgiums Ranger.
    also been feelin' Sam Adams stuff!

how much beer do you all drink per week?
    apparently more than 14 beers a week is considered "high risk" drinking.
    so if i enjoy a few beers a night, and on a weekend night have 3, im now considered a heavy drinker?
    wtf?
    :icallbullshit:

• a local bar tapped a pony of bells hopslam last week out of the blue, wish that beer wasn't seasonal.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    For Toronto folks - these are both delicious. I am a Dragon Stout fan, so the porter is my pick over the two, but they are both very nice!

EDIT - this picture was not taken in my place

And yes! Black Creek Pioneer Village has its own brewery!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Became a fan of porter after drinking this recently.

But then I had one last night that had coffee in it and tasted like ayass.

• SportCasual said:

why do growlers full of brew always look so damn delicious

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    cookbook said:

why do growlers full of brew always look so damn delicious

This is true. I was told to consume it within 48 hrs for freshness. No problem!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    A craft beer bottle shop ran a $30 voucher for $15 coupon recently with unlimited buys and a 6 month expiration date. I bought 10 of them and have been doing a once per week shopping spree. Favorites so far:

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Oh, and a Stone brewery Growler filling station and tasting room just opened a few blocks from my house. Happy days.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

From left to right:

Breckenridge Brewing Co. Lucky U IPA =

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale =

Grain Belt Nordeast = :coolsmile:

Great River Brewery Roller Dam = :hard_as_fuck:

Peacetree Brewing Co Hop Sutra = :holygrail:

If you're anywhere near Iowa and can get your hands on Roller Dam or Hop Sutra, you best do it!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

This has been rocking my world this year, kinda hard to get unless you're in QC.

A friend is opening a brewpub on the Ossington strip this winter, been lucky enough to be receiving growlers of recipe testers.

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    Brother Thelonious from North Coast Brewing Co. (Northern California) - Been my favorite beer of the year and I needs to stock up now for the winter just gotta find a place that sells in bulk. Plus a percentage of the purchase money goes towards Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. Can't beat it!

• ^ Major Co-Sign

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    BallzDeep said:

how much beer do you all drink per week?
    apparently more than 14 beers a week is considered "high risk" drinking.
    so if i enjoy a few beers a night, and on a weekend night have 3, im now considered a heavy drinker?
    wtf?
    :icallbullshit:

Don't listen to any of that crazy talk. Beer isn't alcohol, it's a grocery.

Having more than 4 corn sirup based sodas a week is what I would consider "high risk drinking".

• Not sure how available this is around the country (and it is pretty pricey -- at least here in DC) but gotdamn this is a tasty beer. And, despite the brewery name, this is not a pumpkin beer.

• Had this the other day, it was tasty.

Had a couple other Imperial IPAs from specs that were awesome.
    I really like getting the Shiner Octoberfest beer too.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    cloud9 said:
    Brother Thelonious from North Coast Brewing Co. (Northern California) - Been my favorite beer of the year and I needs to stock up now for the winter just gotta find a place that sells in bulk. Plus a percentage of the purchase money goes towards Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. Can't beat it!

My friend Eduardo did the painting for the label! I have this at the house right now but I haven't tried it yet. Will crack tonight.

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    CBear said:
    cloud9 said:

My friend Eduardo did the painting for the label! I have this at the house right now but I haven't tried it yet. Will crack tonight.

Let Eduardo know he did a great job. I love everything about the beer, label included. Let me know how you liked that...It's currently my favorite beer of all time.