Ever See A Haboob? (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
This video is from yesterday afternoon in Lubbock, Texas.....from 2:20 on is nuts!

Comments

• holy cow

that shit is crazy. We get some dust storms here in El Paso but never anything like that.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    I'm sure it was a lot more hectic outdoors, but I found that really peaceful and beautiful. Thanks!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    what type of specific moron does it take to keep driving when a storm like that is upon you? I mean.... do you really need to be going places? There must have been 10 or more cars driving right in the thick of that. Madness. Cool vid though.

• when i drove around El Paso with Whitelily, the whole town was covered in some creepy dust fog like that

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    At least for a minute it distracted from the permanent stink of Lubbock.

• Good record.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    whoa! i read about this, but just played it off as "some dust storm". from about 1:45 on was nuts watching it blow over all the buildings and shit (basically looks like it comes right at dude in the building), what the hell do you do if your caught outside in this i.e. chilling at the park or strutting home from work? duck? run? hide? take cover?

i would imagine sand getting in literally everything

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Phoenix has been getting these for a few months now. I've lived in AZ my whole life and have never ever seen one of these nor heard the word "haboob" until a few months back. Weird.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Herm said:
    I've lived in AZ my whole life and have never... heard the word "haboob" until a few months back. Weird.

My cousin who lives in Phoenix said the same thing - I think this term is a recent media appropriation.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think they used to be rare. Is that right?

Anyway this year there have been a bunch. Been that way for the last few years. Right?

I think haboob is the appropriate meteorological term. Not a local AZ or Texas term.
    In AZ people were up in arms, a few months ago, about a Muslim take over. All because the TV news used the term.

• went to the store during the big one awhile back here in phx. quite the adventure.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Am I the only one who expected to see breasts visible beneath a burqa up in here?