Non-Record Finds

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Bought 350 Mexican Movie Posters today....here are a few.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    :woah:

• Those posters are killer!

found this

and one of these

for free! and they work! feelin it

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    holy shit! those posters are killer, they be wicked to copy and cut up and use for artwork, awesome find!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    amphibious said:
    found this

That 9090 is one of the best receivers ever. I had a 7070 as my unit for about 20 years and it was a beast.

• wow those martial arts posters are great.

• Those posters are wild , any back story on the collection? Grip to flip?

Just picked up a mint Hans Wegner Cigar Chair for a song.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    :face_melt:

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    Awesome posters! May i ask how much $$? Bruce Lee, Medusa/Kung Fu?, and Disco posters are all top! Congrats!

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    First editions with color plates for $30 each!

• subsub 311 Posts
    grundig audiorama speakers

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Both for $60.00
    Attached files

• those posters are insane, Rock. wow. if you got the energy, please share more.

after ten years, i found a sleeve for my Carl Sherlock Holmes vinyl. nice empty sleeve fell into my lap yesterday when i did a favor for somebody.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    cloud9 said:
    Awesome posters! May i ask how much $$? Bruce Lee, Medusa/Kung Fu?, and Disco posters are all top! Congrats!

I paid $50.00 for 350 posters....as I type my daughter and her friends are going through them picking out the ones they want....not sure what I'm gonna do with them after that but they were just too cool and too cheap to not buy.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Rock D. steady finding awesome stuff.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:

Just picked up a mint Hans Wegner Cigar Chair for a song.

Will trade all the posters and $50 for the chair!

Nice find.

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    I'd take that deal in a heartbeat squirrel.

And $50 that's a nice score for that lot imo (not that I know any real prices that those go for).

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    VHS haul...

• picked this up at a local flea market. my brother and i nearly killed ourselves riding it.

skateboard01

skateboard02

• deathvalley90210 said:
    picked this up at a local flea market. my brother and i nearly killed ourselves riding it.

skateboard01

skateboard02

Cool to see such a vintage board!

I started skateboarding around '67 and this is pretty much identical to my first rig and yeah, riding one of those things is an experience. A couple years later I was happy to get one with clay wheels instead of metal.

In '73, my footnote in skateboarding was secured when I became the first person on the East coast to have urethane wheels (Cadillac 'Slicks') - one of the happiest days of my life up until then.

What a coincidence!

• Kadink said:
    What a coincidence!

Damn, that Hobie is identical to my old board - are those Caddy Stokers?

I just googled 'caddy stokers' so I could reply without giving away my ignorance and the only hit was this thread.

• Kadink said:
    I just googled 'caddy stokers' so I could reply without giving away my ignorance and the only hit was this thread.

Gnarly! ;-)

Cadillac first came out with the Slicks, which were actually for roller skates because skateboarding was pretty dead at that time.
    Urethane wheels single-handedly revived it, and when they realized that, they came out with the Stokers, which were much wider, just for skateboards.

If those wheels are made by Cadillac then you have carbon copies of two of my old boards.