Recordshopping in Stuttgart

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
I'm staying in Stuttgart for a few days and by what I have been told so far, I only know that "Vinyl West" has gone and "Secondhand Records" is still there. Some other places you can recommend? More on the thrift and tr??del-side? I'm planning to go to the fleamarket on Karlsplatz too right before I leave.

Any help is very appreciated.

Comments

• subsub 311 Posts
    i only remember one store with a huge basement with some quality yet expensive jazz records near that main square. could find out the street name but i guess it's one of the two you mentioned, right?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    try the city guide, bunghole

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yeah... sorry. there's a city guide for people like you.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    definatly check the fleamarket at karlsplatz EARLY on saturday. I came up with lots of dope stuff there, but dont set your hopes too high, i havent been there in quite a while as i live in cologne by now. There usually is one grimey dealer with boxes full of your average rock, but once in a while he has some cool shit for cheap.
    Oh and you could also check tommes, in the olgastrasse. has some raers on the wall usually, but prices are quite high.

Do yourself a favour and check out weinstube fr??hlich in the red light district for food. best swabian food in town.
    Sushi at Feinkost B??hm is also really good.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    inVrs said:
    definatly check the fleamarket at karlsplatz EARLY on saturday. I came up with lots of dope stuff there, but dont set your hopes too high, i havent been there in quite a while as i live in cologne by now. There usually is one grimey dealer with boxes full of your average rock, but once in a while he has some cool shit for cheap.
    Oh and you could also check tommes, in the olgastrasse. has some raers on the wall usually, but prices are quite high.

Do yourself a favour and check out weinstube fr??hlich in the red light district for food. best swabian food in town.
    Sushi at Feinkost B??hm is also really good.

Haha, Weinstube Fr??hlich was the first thing I did after reaching Stuttgart. The friend I'm visiting here is a regular and took us directly there from the pick-up spot. Yep, great food. I had kidneys in balsamico with roasted potatoes. Delicious. After that, some beers in Caf?? Weiss which seems to be a spot all of it's own.
    I'll go to Karlsplatz fleamarket definitely. Internet says it's starting at 8 o'clock. Is this the real time or do I have to be there much earlier?
    Has anybody ever been to the special sales of "Secondhand Records"? I was there today and saw they're selling records directly in their warehouse with 50% off. Don't know if it's worth going there tomorrow.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Stuttgart is much greater than I expected.

Grope said:
    try the city guide, bunghole

I totally forgot about the city guide. My bad, I could have used that information today.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    disco_che said:

I'll go to Karlsplatz fleamarket definitely. Internet says it's starting at 8 o'clock. Is this the real time or do I have to be there much earlier?

record hunters are there at 6 am... tough to find good stuff.

disco_che said:

Has anybody ever been to the special sales of "Secondhand Records"? I was there today and saw they're selling records directly in their warehouse with 50% off. Don't know if it's worth going there tomorrow.

not really. they know about their records. i doubt you can find any super rares for cheap... and the stuff they sell is sometimes just vinylwests old stock...

disco_che said:

record hunters are there at 6 am... tough to find good stuff.

Shit, I'm in the middle of nowhere. First bus that takes me to city is at 7:05. Hope the record heads have a night of heavy drinking.