William Bostic: Give It Up on Scorpio?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone know what's the deal with this Richmond CA 7"? The A-side is "World", b-side is "Give It Up." I know he's got one other single, "What You Do To Me" on Sor but I can't seem to find much on this one at all.

Bay Area raer?

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Yessir, most definitely Not sure about pressing #s, though.

I've only had one copy, and someone traded me some serious stuff to get their hands on it. :hi:

Not quite sure what "info" you want on it? IIRC it was self-produced, and I've never seen any other 45 on that label. There's another Bay Area label called Scorpio, but I think they were a Fantasy subsidiary.

Would probably sell for at least $100 in a good auction.

Where'd you find it?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Well...I either found it at Amoeba for $1.95 (so says the sticker on the sleeve) or else Justin T. hit me with it years ago (probably the latter but might have been the former?)

I finally went through an *old* stack of 45s that I thought were mostly nickel and dime stuff but this Bostic caught my ear but I couldn't find much info on it when I went digging around. Thanks for the 411.

• hello people guess what Iam WILLIAM BOSTIC and first I would like to thank all of you for wanting my music and yes I only have a few copys of that record I also have some unreleased music I can be reached at topdogrecordz@att.net or by land line 1.707.421.2144 thanks again

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    topdogrecordz said:
    hello people guess what Iam WILLIAM BOSTIC and first I would like to thank all of you for wanting my music and yes I only have a few copys of that record I also have some unreleased music I can be reached at topdogrecordz@att.net or by land line 1.707.421.2144 thanks again
    :hayek:

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Yeah that one is super rare. Both sides are really good too. Defiantely under-valued considering the quality to quantity ratio.

• hello bottons how are u thanks for being into my music and thank's so much all of you for keeping it alive William Bostic

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    someone hook mr bostic up with light in the attic,daptone or wax poetics for the reissue action

• hello PERO and KALA thank's for the love I really need help with my music in both of you guy's country's so if you can hook a brother up! e-mail topdogrecordz@att.net.

• hi botton and yess that's me and you'll will be hearing more of my music real soon a lot of unrealeased music I hope you like It always William Bostic

• Hi Mr Bostic - I grew up in the SF peninsula and remember a kid named bostic who was incredible at funk drumming - well, any drumming really, in high school about 10 years ago... any relation?

Also echoing that Light in the Attic, Wax Poetics etc. reissue idea.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Mr Bostic,

How much unreleased stuff do you have from this period?

Incredible stuff!

• I have 4 songs right now that I have found on a reel of tape that I have been reviewing and have put mix's on them that sound's real good and I want to release.

• mannybolone where are you? you stsrted this now you are no where to be found If any one know where this person is tell him to hit me at my e-mail william bostic. email topdogrecordz@att.net

• hi klezmer no the drummer is no kin but great to know I play drumb's also I played in marching band's in high school you may have heard of El Ceritto high school in the east bay? Iam from Richmond, calif.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Hey Mr Bostic... this is Justin, the one who sent you the MP3 of your tracks. Sorry i didnt get back to you... my email got hacked and i lost all of your info.

Glad you got a chance to hook up with Alec P. Hes a good guy and ive worked with him numerous times on projects.

Hope to meet up with you at some point soon...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    topdogrecordz said:
    mannybolone where are you? you stsrted this now you are no where to be found If any one know where this person is tell him to hit me at my e-mail william bostic. email topdogrecordz@att.net

Hey William: thanks for dropping in on the thread. valuable information being shared. As it is though, the copy of your 7" I originally asked about is now owned by Musica (who also posted in the thread).

• hi justin so u put what you do to me up? thanks I have some 2nd pressing's of that song If you know any one who might want one and giv it up was a limited run so Iam getting some 2nd pressing of that also because I just found the master's so you live in the city? then you need to come to Vallejo I have a recording studio and I run my Indy record label from there any of you guys out there are welcome also. WB

• so musica you have give it up? WB

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    topdogrecordz said:
    hi justin so u put what you do to me up? thanks I have some 2nd pressing's of that song If you know any one who might want one and giv it up was a limited run so Iam getting some 2nd pressing of that also because I just found the master's so you live in the city? then you need to come to Vallejo I have a recording studio and I run my Indy record label from there any of you guys out there are welcome also. WB

no i emailed you the MP3s of "Give it Up" and "World" from the scorpio record. glad you got new copies of your records coming out. now more DJs will be able to spin them to the crowds...

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    musica said:
    Mr Bostic,

How much unreleased stuff do you have from this period?

Incredible stuff!

Mr. Bostic,

this song is fantastic! I would be more than happy to buy a 2nd pressing of it from you.
    I would be interested as well what your current music sounds like.

Regards

Gerald

• hello foke's well I have the last origanal copy of " give it up " and " world " It was my copy which was in a photo frame on my wall but I also have the test pressing so eather on can be sold make a offer and we will go through pay pal send the offers to my e-mail topdogrecordz@att.net always William Bostic

• I had only heard Give It Up in the past, but I just heard a clip of World and it's now my top want

• hi gerald I have 2nd pressing of what you do to me for $ 30.00 per copy William Bostic pay pal topdogrecordz@att.net thanks new price on records $ 6.00 per copys plus unrealeased also WB

• William Bostic has a new unreleased song called " Sweet Thang " on SOR go to john manship records to hear .