Sunny in Philly.... Going down hill?

chewlarockchewlarock 26 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Seems like the past few shows has been slackin other then the Jersey Shore. But last night was pretty weak.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Season opener was hilarious, IMO. "I made my fortune in boiled denim"

• This is the most inconsistent show I've ever loved. It's high points are some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on TV. But, they've had bad episodes mixed in since season 1.

• gareth said:
    This is the most inconsistent show I've ever loved. It's high points are some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on TV. But, they've had bad episodes mixed in since season 1.

I don't agree with that. I think up until two seasons ago EVERY second of every episode was funny.

The last two seasons have been stinkers. IMO it's because the cast has is barely writing anything at all anymore. They had some women who's only credits were writing for Everybody Hates Chris write the season opener! :(

They also started doing other projects. Charlie started doing shitty movies, Dee became pregnant, Cricket who also writes is doing that piece of trash show on CBS with Johnny Drama. And Danny Devito seems to have just become really really really out there.

I think if Mac wrote it all the time it could still be great. But yeah it's starting to suck. You need to switch to Workaholics. That's turing into the new funniest show.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I was starting to worry that I was the only one who didnt think the latest season was as good as previous seasons.
    On the other hand, I watched the first six seasons one after the other in a relatively short period of time so maybe Im just a bit burnt out...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

or GTFO

• season 3 of a comedy is like the second album of any rapper..... always downhill from there.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Except that it's season 7 and it's total BS to say it went downhill from season 3.

• They are going to jump the shark soon but still worth watching. Agree on Workaholics my favorite show at the moment and the last episode Temp-tress was hilarious

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    trippin. i've enjoyed every episode so far. "i'm not here to diddle your kids!"

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    going to agree that this season is nowhere near as funny as the previous maybe with the exception of jersey shore episode.

workaholics is definitely where it's at!

• This season is good but not great IMO.
    The first episode was pretty rad and so was the one with the dead dog.
    I've really enjoyed when they go really dark.

Dennis' speech about his god hole and puss was some of the best stuff the show has ever done IMO.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shadynasty

• Brian said:
    shadynasty

I just finished watching that one. Horrible horrible horrible episode. It kills me that this show is not good. :(

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    Brian said:
    shadynasty

I just finished watching that one. Horrible horrible horrible episode. It kills me that this show is not good. :(

I actually liked that one. "Shadynasty's?" Killer wordplay.