for anyone who still gives a f bout breakbeats

2»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thanks jammy, appreciate the feedback, heres a midweek break for y'all, cowbell striken beats from danish fusion mostly latin-american inspired album

coming back with another one few of you guys or maybe none round here have heard before..

slowing it down for part 14

this week, its a small label raer with the funny looking group akropolis, their only record, prog stuff, pretty cool actually, not totally open drums for the break, but almost.. keeping it down tempo, enjoy!

• Enjoying these a lot. Thanks!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Strings said:
    Enjoying these a lot. Thanks!

thanks, glad that everybody's digging these, for the next post im putting up drums from one of the most collectable dk breakbeat albums, so some of you might know it already, some might not, stay tuned!!

• Enjoying these. Thanks man!

beats from the 3 part series of danish jazz dance records, similar to the orion albums with johnny frigo/ gus giordano, or stuff on the hoctor label.. a project led by the danish drummer bjarne rostvold, this particular track is from the 3rd jazz dancer album, which was a stripped down only rhythm drums and percussion lp

havent gotten around to doing a new upload for this week yet, but meanwhile talking jazz dancer albums, check this funky soul jazz cut i found on youtube, track is from the first lp in the series

ok, here comes the cracking drums from a soccer playing dane which i know absolutely nothing about, he put out a few other albums which i havent heard, i doubt that they have drumbreaks on them like this one though haha

and, shout out to top copenhagen djs steenrock and scratchmagic who had a dk brakes and beats tape out and put me on to this particular record something like 10 years ago

• That break is ill! I also love your new release "up for grabs".

thanks a lot strings, always nice with positive feedback

gonna do a proper post on the board introducing the album to the people, but for now, heres the cover and a link

peep

http://jakobmedk.bandcamp.com/album/up-for-grabs

next in line is a fitness related 7inch mini album, put out by the danish radio broadcasting company, and once again its drummer bjarne rostvold banging out the beats, musically the record varies a bit, but heres one of the heavier moments..

like part 4 heres another school related drumbraek record, late 70s private press, containing a snappy uptempoish beat

for part 20, a return to the heavier drum sound, enjoy!

• upskiboo, do you have this? features a short but nice break.