Looking for the Original Song

a.t.d.a.t.d. 8 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Since a long time, i'm lookin' for the Original song that was used in the following Rap track:

Mr. Voodoo - Hemlock

The main sample could be from a Rotary Connection or Minnie Riperton Record.

The Keys at 0:28 could be from a Bob James Record, but i'm really not sure about that.

Would be really nice if someone can help!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Wait for it...

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    Welcome to the Strut.
    saying hello sometimes helps, cuz other wise some cats on the board will treat a.t.d. like s.t.d. and try get them off their d**k.
    cannot help out with that song, sorry.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts

cadeaux said:
    Welcome to the Strut.
    saying hello sometimes helps, cuz other wise some cats on the board will treat a.t.d. like s.t.d. and try get them off their d**k.

Play along or play alone, dawg.

I just made that up, but I like it.

• Sorry for the ruff start! :red:

i'm new here, someone told me that maybe i will find an answer to my question on Soul Strut........

and if not then it is not too bad, cool that i found this site, the mix section is nice!

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    cadeaux said:
    Welcome to the Strut.

Play along or play alone, dawg.

I just made that up, but I like it.

DB, is was only trying to help the poor newby to escape the avalanche...

but hey...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• Ah, the elusive Minnie Riperton:

• When you do find out, what is that gonna do for you?

• So in this case i'm the first person in this world that asked somthing like this? Or why almost everybody is actin like an amateur comedian (please explain, the joke to me, its beyond my intelligence)

If someone asks you for the way, you will Show him a picture of your teddy bear, or what?

Sorry i really don't understand, whats the matter? Do i have to explain first my life story, before askin something?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    a.t.d. said:
    Sorry i really don't understand, whats the matter? Do i have to explain first my life story, before askin something?

No, you don't need to tell us your whole life story.
    But introducing yourself and contributing a bit before asking for help would be a nice way to start things.
    About the pics and gifs, this is the way people say "Welcome to the Strut!"
    Welcome and enjoy the ride.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    almost everybody is actin like an amateur comedian

RAJ said:

I have not yet BEGUN to act like an amateur comedian!

• DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

True, thanks for not acting hard. I'd help you out if I knew.

a.t.d. said:
    (please explain, the joke to me, its beyond my intelligence)

• DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

I said almost everybody, i was not talkin about your three words....this was not funny.

Didn't knew that posting gifs & img from Darth Vader, Pop corn, flava flav & co is part of sayin hello, but well hello!

What does a.t.d. represent?

• a.t.d. said:

I said almost everybody, i was not talkin about your three words....this was not funny.

Didn't knew that posting gifs & img from Darth Vader, Pop corn, flava flav & co is part of sayin hello, but well hello!

You do realize that it's most likely that Minnie Riperton I posted (heavily filtered)?

• batmon said:
    What does a.t.d. represent?

It stands for "addicted to diggin" it was a kind of flash idea.

But I'm really addicted to diggin, since 15 years now.......

a.t.d. said:
    "addicted to diggin" it was a kind of flash idea.

• hertzhog said:
    a.t.d. said:

You do realize that it's most likely that Minnie Riperton I posted (heavily filtered)?

Yeah thanks for the link, i just listened to it; i already heard it and it have definitely some similarities....thats why i believe that it was sampled from her, but it's kind of tough search, because she was also in that group "Rotary Connection"....

maybe it's one of those samples that was so much filtered and chopped that you won't hear it clearly.....

appreciate the help, thanks!

• batmon said:
    a.t.d. said:

Thanks but i'm stayin with the original Coca Cola ??

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    a.t.d. said:

Gravy by kronosposeidon

Haha

• a.t.d. said:

Yeah thanks for the link, i just listened to it; i already heard it and it have definitely some similarities....thats why i believe that it was sampled from her, but it's kind of tough search, because she was also in that group "Rotary Connection"....

maybe it's one of those samples that was so much filtered and chopped that you won't hear it clearly.....

appreciate the help, thanks!

It's three bass notes heavily filtered - if it's not that particular Minnie Riperton song, how could it be another song of hers? I mean, it's not like you hear her voice through all that filtering. Take the Riperton song, where she's singing "It's a lazy afternoon" - filter out everything but the bass, boost that shit and pitch it up by one semitone. Tempo and pitch wise it should be right. If you're not willing to do that, you'll never know for sure.

• a.t.d. said:
    batmon said:
    a.t.d. said:

Thanks but i'm stayin with the original Coca Cola ??

i went on a two week crystal pepsi binge.

• nothin' like some goooooood crystal
    :freeway: