RIP Steve Jobs

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
A Bay Area Legend.

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Just saw an AP notice pop up on, of course, my iPhone. Very sad. Like Apple or not, he was an incredible person.

RIP

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    visionary

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• I haven't copped an Apple product in about 20 yrs, but the Apple IIe (and then the OG Macintosh) definitely defined my early tech development yrs. in grade school/middle school.

I will never forget Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe!

• whoa

RIP

• r.i.p. mr jobs. i've never bought apple. but if you can make people think the product they hold is superior and develop brand loyalty the way apple has, you've won the marketing game.

• RIP Steve Jobs. The man definitely left his mark

• Damn.
    A heartfelt thank you to Jobs for changing modern life in a America and reminding us that art and design can coexist with technology. Will be watching toy story with my kids tonight in his honor. Rest In Peace.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I work in the same Victorian house-turned office space in Pal* Alt* as steve j*bs' wife L*rraine. I overheard her in the hallway last week talking to someone that they had stopped treatment completely since he wasn't responding to anything the tried.

RIP to a madman genius!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    RIP.

Man will always be a legend. Very few people out there could build a company the way he did. Only to get fucked over and have it taken away from him, to then come back after the people almost destroyed the company and then build it back up to what it is now.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    RIP. Legend.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    A titan of the era, few people can claim to have shaped the world as much as he did. It will be really interesting to see how Apple handles the next few months and years.

Sent from my iPad

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    A visionary indeed. Talk about leaving your mark. Rest in peace.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I will never forget Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe!

Me too!

RIP to a creative genius

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    RIP Mr. Jobs, a true OG

56 is to young for anyone

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    "Remembering you are going to die is the best way to avoid the trap of thinking you've got something to lose."

• edith head said:

RIP to a creative genius

• Respect and rest to this incredible man.

What bums me out here (like having open casket viewing) is that from CNN to WSJ to APPLE.COM to AP all pretty much 'seem' to have had the article, photo or whatever ready to go within 5 mins of the announcement (mixed judgement)...yea it's 2011 but transparent to me at least and just wish it was more organic. I know why this is, but I just want it to be not so calculated if that makes sense.

STFU to myself and just comment on the loss, but.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    marwal_bust said:
    Respect and rest to this incredible man.

What bums me out here (like having open casket viewing) is that from CNN to WSJ to APPLE.COM to AP all pretty much 'seem' to have had the article, photo or whatever ready to go within 5 mins of the announcement (mixed judgement)...yea it's 2011 but transparent to me at least and just wish it was more organic. I know why this is, but I just want it to be not so calculated if that makes sense.

I work at a major national mag, we have obits ready to go for just about every person of note who is even close to dying. Just a part of journalism, it always has been.

• twitter has literally shut down due to being "over capacity".... any record of this happening before?

• asstro said:
    marwal_bust said:
    Respect and rest to this incredible man.

I work at a major national mag, we have obits ready to go for just about every person of note who is even close to dying. Just a part of journalism, it always has been.

Been knowin', just sayin'.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    When I was in college, I bought a dual processor G4. That machine lasted me for 10 years and worked better the day I retired it than the day I bought it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    My mom bought me one of the first Macs back in the 1980s and we have always bought them since then. I can't explain how much Apple's products have helped me through life.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I don't like apple products at all, but I've always liked Steve Jobs way of thinking.

Rest in peace man.

- spidey

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn i just read this..quite unexpected, but given his health as of lately, not surprized..R.I.P

• What can be said for the man that has helped usher in the world of tomorrow when so many try and hold it back.

I might not own many apple products other than my iPod but damn if I didn't cut my teeth on the Apple IIe in the 80s. Without the original MAC my windows laptop would not be half the machine it is today.

While I love my EVO android phone, that too would not existed had Steve (Mr. Jobs if your nasty) had not broke the technology stranglehold the cell phone companies used to stifle innovation.

For that, I thank you Steve Jobs. RIP.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    RIP and thank you, Steve Jobs. Few people in our lifetime have made such an impact in our world.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    A Bay Area Legend.

I've never owned another computer. Changed the way we think and all that.

Too many feelings that I can't manifest. Strangely affecting. More tomorrow.

R.I.P.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    twitter has literally shut down due to being "over capacity".... any record of this happening before?

Back when I was looking at it this happened constantly.

RIP to Jobs - as was said previously not shocking, yet still utterly shocking.