Why does no one post set sales?

2»

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    RAJ said:

I have had hip hop set sales off and on the past year and sold out of everything. So, I'm confident the shit still is viable. You just need to price your shit accordingly. No one is paying Poopsike prices these days.

2 cents.

thats good to hear Raj! and agreed, poopsike prices only seem to apply to the truly scarce items that sorta need to be auctioned so you can reach the guy in the middle of nowhere who will pay anything for the item. everything else, even if its super cool.. just price it at what youd be willing to pay, and it should sell...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The site as a whole has fallen way off since the redesign

It's now basically the-breaks 2.0

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    ^^^^^^^
    when was the last time you contributed anything besides disconnected snarky vitriol?
    a beat ???.a mix ???..a record review?

piss off you cunt

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    You don't think that Faux Rillz has a secrete hard drive full of beats and freestyles? Come on son!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    You don't think that Faux Rillz has a secrete hard drive full of beats and freestyles? Come on son!

Dudes are not even ready for these secrete facemelters.

But seriously: LOL @ the idea that poasting beats, yo = "contributing"

• people blaming the site layout are making me laugh. you can post your shit on the most remote out of the way site possible and if its something people want and priced to move it'll get found and bought up. If there's gonna be any comparison between SS and waxidermy playin into this its gonna be the demographic of the 2 sites rather than the layout. Which site are you more likely to read dudes congratulating each other on their newborn child and their new house or complaining about the way things are these days and reminiscing about the good old days? I read into it just that dudes on here in general are more content with where their collections are at what with all the years put into refining them. Why would you sell something you're happy with?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brazilian setsale was good can't wait for your karlo

• All Ads will be deleted after 8 day

This could be a potential barrier, I've mentioned it before. Had a bunch of auction listings on the old site that would appear in Google searches for certain rare records, though they were long over. If a user had stock of a certain title and wanted to slow sell them ala Discogs, the deletion in 8 days hardly makes it worth time to make the post, let alone the expense. I'm sure quite a few users have found this community by researching record labels and titles online and encountering some site called Soul Strut, now that incoming SEO stream of new blood is gone, at least w/r/t sales threads.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    All Ads will be deleted after 8 day

I silently did away with this 6 months a go.

• soundsreal said:
    people blaming the site layout are making me laugh.

I don't know about others, but I'm not "blaming" anything.

I'm sure Raj is happy with where he is at. If other sellers are unhappy, they should do something else. As far as I'm concerned it's all good.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    soundsreal said:
    people blaming the site layout are making me laugh.

I don't know about others, but I'm not "blaming" anything.

I'm sure Raj is happy with where he is at. If other sellers are unhappy, they should do something else. As far as I'm concerned it's all good.

agreed.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    pcmr said:
    brazilian setsale was good...

The results turned out rather mediocre. I don't want to blame the general lack in interest in setsales, though.
    Probably the big amount of records overextended myself and most of the potential buyers.
    Not knowing how to price your stuff it doesn't help either...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Anyone bickering in this thraed should either post a set sale or further thine softness.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Maybe we can add a WANT$$$$ section to the classifieds to bring some hustle and bustle?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Only viewable to subscribing sellers

• finelikewine said:
    pcmr said:

The results turned out rather mediocre. I don't want to blame the general lack in interest in setsales, though.
    Probably the big amount of records overextended myself and most of the potential buyers.

Does this mean you're still accepting offers then? I seem to remember Pm'ing you about a piece a bit back and not hearing back - did I somehow miss your reply? I was definitely happy with the 3 you already sent me

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    soundsreal said:
    finelikewine said:
    pcmr said:

Does this mean you're still accepting offers then? I seem to remember Pm'ing you about a piece a bit back and not hearing back - did I somehow miss your reply? I was definitely happy with the 3 you already sent me

Yes, you can still make offers. Sorry If I have not answered your pm, I've been quite busy the last few weeks.