Horrible Rappers, period.

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I heard "Flow Joe" the other day and was reminded of how absolutely terrible Fat Joe has always been.

There are a lot of apologists out there, but I'm not havin' it.

Thank you.

No one in their right mind can co-sign dude on a technical level, but i will say that if there is a category for gettin over on str8 up Attitude, Fat Joe fits that along with Tim Dog. Joe is convincing despite his low skill level.
    His best shit is usually written for him anyways.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    95% of the new rappers out these days suck...the end

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    djdaze said:

Booo! Not what this thread was meant to become.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I heard "Flow Joe" the other day and was reminded of how absolutely terrible Fat Joe has always been.

Thank you.

plus he says never liked ball so to hell with the rucker
    than he own a team and buys out that championship

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:
    This is not exclusive to NO women and I've seen it work when there is a fraction of the funds involved.

Our perspectives/experiences are vastly different.
    Credit whoever you want; I don't need your input to know what I am talking about.

Why so snippy lately?

My whole point is that it's likely more a cultural thing than drugged-out, uber-superfical Wayne somehow being Mr. Magnanimous when it comes to his multiple babymamas.

But whatever, I don't mean to step on your toes. Just trying to discuss.

I find your whole "let me tell you how it really is" is getting tiresome. People have relevant and legitimate experiences outside of the borders which exist more in your head than within the latitudes and longitudes of Texas, LA, etc. etc.

You can assign this to whatever culture you'd like. We are discussing it.
    As I have already said, I have seen it work - and not work - due to the individuals' attitudes...not their financial status, their place of birth, the amount of pot they smoke or how superficial they may appear to the outside world. The man is the common thread in this situation; his role and conduct is key.
    I don't remember saying it was all the result of generosity on his part - but my guess is that would have something to do with it.
    He's a shrewd businessman; it is totally possible he sees how to apply some of the same tactics to his domestic situation to keep things harmonious. It is infinitely easier when everyone gets along.

• faux_rillz said:
    djkingotto said:
    waka flocka.... has he selected a beat yet that doesn't sound like every other fuckin popular rap song out there?

LOL

Speak not on what you know not, dude

Radio currently sounds like Flocka, not the other way around

pretty sure the basic formula of his music has been in effect for years, but since i don't visit pop radio too often, i bow to your well informed opinion. however, if this is true, it just makes it worse. that dude is completely unlistenable. pure poo. celebrating poo, perpetuates poo.

bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:
    This is not exclusive to NO women and I've seen it work when there is a fraction of the funds involved.

Our perspectives/experiences are vastly different.
    Credit whoever you want; I don't need your input to know what I am talking about.

Why so snippy lately?

My whole point is that it's likely more a cultural thing than drugged-out, uber-superfical Wayne somehow being Mr. Magnanimous when it comes to his multiple babymamas.

But whatever, I don't mean to step on your toes. Just trying to discuss.

I find your whole "let me tell you how it really is" is getting tiresome. People have relevant and legitimate experiences outside of the borders which exist more in your head than within the latitudes and longitudes of Texas, LA, etc. etc.

You can assign this to whatever culture you'd like. We are discussing it.
    As I have already said, I have seen it work - and not work - due to the individuals' attitudes...not their financial status, their place of birth, the amount of pot they smoke or how superficial they may appear to the outside world. The man is the common thread in this situation; his role and conduct is key.
    I don't remember saying it was all the result of generosity on his part - but my guess is that would have something to do with it.
    He's a shrewd businessman; it is totally possible he sees how to apply some of the same tactics to his domestic situation to keep things harmonious. It is infinitely easier when everyone gets along.

Okay, I hear you.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Thank you.

No one in their right mind can co-sign dude on a technical level, but i will say that if there is a category for gettin over on str8 up Attitude, Fat Joe fits that along with Tim Dog. Joe is convincing despite his low skill level.

I agree batmon, and it's why I love a lot of the songs on the original J.O.E. He's far from the most lyrical DITC cat but I think he sounds nice on that album. Was he writing his own stuff back then?

I agree w/ Rick Ross being on this list.

ketan said:
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Thank you.

I agree batmon, and it's why I love a lot of the songs on the original J.O.E. He's far from the most lyrical DITC cat but I think he sounds nice on that album. Was he writing his own stuff back then?

I dont remember the time frame but when Armageddon joined Terror Squad, if it was even called that then, he was was writing for Joe back then.
    I worked at BX Comm College around 92-94 and Armageddon was a student at the satellite high school for cats that that got bumped from a 'regular' school. While has there he was on the radio w/ Joe freestylin'. And he didnt take any afterschool Hip Hop classes either.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    djdaze said:

Booo! Not what this thread was meant to become.

oh sorry, 95% of the new rappers out these days are Horrible rappers, period.

it's the truth, Waka - sucks, Drake - fuckin sucks, Rick Ross- bleh, B.O.B. - he's aiight, Weezy, rap yes sing no, Nikki Minaj - sucks, Diggy - sucks, Roscoe Dash - sucks, Kreashawn - sucks, Mindless Behavior - sucks

did I hit my percentage yet?

• there's not a Fat Joe joint in existence that would not have been better without him, and that includes joints on which he is the only vocalist.

• This jams:

Proof that even a trash can catches a steak now and then.

• I mean he's spit some tight verses since, once he got his writers correct and everything... I just feel like his whole steez is wack. He started out wack, and eventually just got to a point where he could pay people to write shit for him b/w technology got to a point where his wack flow wasn't as much of an impediment.

He's got a good voice though. I'll give him that.

• I stand by my statement. Both tracks posted above would have been better had they just let the beat ride during his verses.

• minimini 879 Posts
    Mase

Martin said:
    joe is super tight on this:

U can tell Pun wrote this shit.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    djdaze said:

Yup!!!

faux_rillz said:
    bassie said:

Same thing that makes Rihanna supercute to me is what makes Jay-Z and Lil Wayne infinitely more attractive than Drake - personality.

This is exactly why I don't find her particularly attractive--I find her bad girl persona completely unconvincing.

I see her doing that on stage and yea, it doesn't work at all. Probably because, like you say, it's not her. That Cheers video, her at Carnival and the goofy fan photos she does seem closer to who she is. A goofy, good time, fun kind of gal.

bassie said:
    faux_rillz said:
    bassie said:

Same thing that makes Rihanna supercute to me is what makes Jay-Z and Lil Wayne infinitely more attractive than Drake - personality.

This is exactly why I don't find her particularly attractive--I find her bad girl persona completely unconvincing.

I see her doing that on stage and yea, it doesn't work at all. Probably because, like you say, it's not her. That Cheers video, her at Carnival and the goofy fan photos she does seem closer to who she is. A goofy, good time, fun kind of gal.

Katy Perry shit

OK

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    He's got a good voice though. I'll give him that.

always liked joe even though he is basically diddy in the whole skills dept. u could cherry pick the catalouge and have a good best of if u include the og versions of songs that didn't get cleared.

u could always tell that pun wrote his shit during the pun/joe era. pun had such a distinct voice. same thing with lil kim and big.

• Must admit I never new Fat Joe had rhymes written for him.
    Listen to his debut album (which I really dislike) and then listen to his second album (which I like a lot) and his whole rhyme style/technique stepped up a notch. I thought he had just improved, from what you guys are saying looks like he just got his shot wrote for him.
    I bought the 3rd album and on the whole its shit, one or two tracks maybe, but I lots interest in him at that point.

• What's worse? A poor rapper on a good bead or a good rapper on a poor beat?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I like Fat Joe, no caveats. hes 200x as charming as Drake any way.

• deej said:
    I like Fat Joe, no caveats. hes 200x as charming as Drake any way.

False comparison nobody was mentioning the Canadian dude in this context

• remember though, joe never claimed to be the greatest rapper, just the realest rapper

• I don't know, Tony. On D&D All Stars "1, 2 Pass It," Joe said:

Motherfuckers know who's the best/
    If it ain't Fat Joe, then it must be Lord Finesse

To which I always replied, "I guess Lord Finesse is the best."

• rootlesscosmo said:

MOTHERFUCKERS... KNOW WHO'S THE BEST
    IF IT AIN'T FAT JOE THEN IT MUST BE LORD FINESSE!
    uh, then it's Lord Finesse dude.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Okay, now I've heard Party Rock Anthem...don't mind her being into that one so much. And now I know why she's been saying...everyday I'm shuffling, everyday I'm shuffling...to herself as of late.

Almond said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Okay, now I've heard Party Rock Anthem...don't mind her being into that one so much. And now I know why she's been saying...everyday I'm shuffling, everyday I'm shuffling...to herself as of late.

Thank you. I'm gonna play that for her.