Collectors Frenzy App Problem

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
I also asked this at waxidermy, but perhaps the dude who developed the app is more likely to see it here.

For the past few days, whenever I try to open the ceeFrenzy app on my iPhone I get a message that it cannot be opened because "the provisioning profile has expired."

Does anyone know what the issue is here?

Do I need to repurchase? I don't really have a problem doing that, but would like to know that it's going to work before doing so.

Comments

• Yikes. I'll let the developer answer, but did you download from the App Store or did he give you a beta to install? If it was loaded outside the app store, then it is bundled with a provisioning profile that includes the developer credentials and your device id. Those profiles expire. If it's downloaded from the App Store, there shouldn't be an expiration date.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    FortyFivan said:
    Yikes. I'll let the developer answer, but did you download from the App Store or did he give you a beta to install? If it was loaded outside the app store, then it is bundled with a provisioning profile that includes the developer credentials and your device id. Those profiles expire. If it's downloaded from the App Store, there shouldn't be an expiration date.

Originally purchased from app store.

Then, if I recall correctly, subsequently updated with a beta version from the developer.

• faux_rillz said:
    FortyFivan said:
    Yikes. I'll let the developer answer, but did you download from the App Store or did he give you a beta to install? If it was loaded outside the app store, then it is bundled with a provisioning profile that includes the developer credentials and your device id. Those profiles expire. If it's downloaded from the App Store, there shouldn't be an expiration date.

Then, if I recall correctly, subsequently updated with a beta version from the developer.

Yeah if you got a beta version from me, they will time out. just delete it from your phone, and get it from the app store again. If you bought it once already, it won't charge you again.

If you have any problems, just let me know.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    faux_rillz said:
    FortyFivan said:

Yeah if you got a beta version from me, they will time out. just delete it from your phone, and get it from the app store again. If you bought it once already, it won't charge you again.

If you have any problems, just let me know.

Thanks--that did the trick