Horrible Rappers, period.

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
DRAKE

Gawd damn that Canadien tv reject. Already knew I couldn't stand him. Not sure why Lil Wayne wants to become him so badly either.

But let me tell you, this very morning...uuuggh, my 6 year old daughter has gotten to that age where her friends and school experiences are starting to make a mark on her, sometimes against what we have led her to and kept her away from at home...and it's culminated in her recently asking me to put the urban radio station on for her when she's riding in my truck. Now I've learned things like Black and Yellow is her friend Demarion's favorite song...cool enough. And she's been waiting days now to catch a song she likes, that apparently goes something along the lines of "party rockets in the house tonight"...I'm gonna look that up on youtube as soon as I finish typing this. That is all fine and dandy enough.

But back to Drake...that song he has with Rihanna...na na, what's my name or whatever, it's on the surface a perfectly feasible pop song obviously aimed at children such as my daughter. So Drake's first verse comes on and next thing my daughter says is that...ha ha, he said the square root of 69 is 8 something, that's funny. Of course she has no clue what 69 means, she's just really into math. But dammit, what the fuck is that retarded caveman looking idiot trying to do?

Seriously, if I ever see Drake in person, I'm belting him one right in the mouth on sight. And I'm not even kidding about that.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Okay, now I've heard Party Rock Anthem...don't mind her being into that one so much. And now I know why she's been saying...everyday I'm shuffling, everyday I'm shuffling...to herself as of late.

• Kid Cudi. Mummyrap personified.

• HarveyCanal said:
    DRAKE
    But dammit, what the fuck is that retarded caveman looking idiot trying to do?

my 14 yr old niece has been listening to Missy lately...my Sister-In-Law didnt really understand why i thought it was sketchy for her to be listening to the song "Work It" as she didnt see anything wrong with it, hell if i recall she even said she thought it was a good song...and didnt understand the message in the song...
    after a google i pulled up the lyrics:

I'd like to get to know ya so I could show ya
    Put the pussy on ya like I told ya
    Gimme all your numbers so I could phone ya
    Your girl actin' stank then call me over
    Not on the bed, lay me on your sofa
    Phone before you come, I need to shave my chocha
    You do or you don't or you will or won't ya
    Go downtown and eat it like a vulture
    See my hips and my tips, don't ya
    See my ass and my lips, don't ya
    Lost a few pounds in my waist for ya
    This be the beat that goes ba ta ta
    ba ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta
    Sex me so good I say blah-blah-blah
    Work it, I need a glass of water
    Boy, oh, boy, it's good to know ya

she pulled the "oh well all the kids are listening to it, what am i supposed to do tell her she cant" i alot of people say they enjoy music without even listening to it (lyrically), or they enjoy it for the actual music and not the lyrics, because it has a "good beat" in this case she didnt have a clue about what Missy was saying because shes never actually listened to the lyrics before until i pointed it out...and the "Work It" track has been out for how long...

i gave her the stunned face

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    And she's been waiting days now to catch a song she likes, that apparently goes something along the lines of "party rockets in the house tonight"...

Lol @ party rockets in the house. Very cute.

At least Drake is good looking.

Eminem.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Almond said:

Eminem.

Are u saying that in drake's #hashtagmetaphor style?

Almond said:

You cannot be serious.

Compared to Weezy and Jay, he's pageant material.

Btw, have you seen the Kia commercial with the hamsters dancing to Party Rock Anthem? Your kid might like it.

Edit: Hamsters, not mice.

Almond said:
    Compared to Weezy and Jay, he's pageant material.

Btw, have you seen the Kia commercial with the mice dancing to Party Rock Anthem? Your kid might like it.

Well, if you are going to frame it like that...lol.

And no, but I'll ask her if she's seen it. Thanks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm offended that Drake thought that line passed for wit.

I'm also offended by the conceit of the video: dude pushes up on woman at a bodega, delivers that line... and she responds favorably!?

If you are referring to the video with Rhianna, we must also remember that she responded favorably to Chris Brown. Typically, public mini-mart groping between strangers is frowned upon. As beautiful as Ri Ri is, the bloody nest on top of her head and her infatuation with a dude who can roughly estimate square roots indicates poor judgement all 'round.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Almond said:
    As beautiful as Ri Ri is....

You cannot be serious.

batmon said:
    Almond said:

You cannot be serious.

LOL... actually my wife had a different issue with the video: "Somebody as pretty as Rhianna would never get with Drake!"

I think Rhianna's look may appeal more to women than to men

I agree with Wifey. She's a pretty girl despite the nest and animal print manicure.

I don't care if he's the gayest man on the planet. Just don't make a children's song with adult content, dammit.

faux_rillz said:
    batmon said:
    Almond said:

You cannot be serious.

LOL... actually my wife had a different issue with the video: "Somebody as pretty as Rhianna would never get with Drake!"

I think Rhianna's look may appeal more to women than to men

Pretty enuff for Chris Brown!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what the fuck is that show? dude with magic goth powers???

• waka flocka. someone told me he makes interesting music. i might have laughed at that if i wasn't so baffled by it. did he make a song yet that doesn't say his name repeatedly in the background? has he selected a beat yet that doesn't sound like every other fuckin popular rap song out there?

drake is straight up wack. maybe if he wasn't doing that sappy ass "singing" i could deal with him, but for the most part, his weak ideas irritate my ears.

i've accepted rick ross and he has a few cuts i like, but as a rapper, come on... there's NOTHING special about that dude.

i'm warming up to gucci mane, but still...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    djkingotto said:
    rick ross

Yep.

About sexy lyrics - Didn't Gyptian's Hold Yuh win a barrel of mainstream awards?
    I guess one can chalk it up to not everyone being able to catch what he's saying, but surely someone on some judges' panel understood? Anyway.

Same thing that makes Rihanna supercute to me is what makes Jay-Z and Lil Wayne infinitely more attractive than Drake - personality. (Yes, I know I don't know them personally. I am going on what controlled information is out there for all of us to digest)
    Are they lover and/or husband material imo? No. But I'd rather spend a day with either one than with Drake who has the personality of a soggy rice cake.
    (I think signing him was a very good business decision - the YM crew needed a mainstream 'hearthrob')

As a soap opera side note - That most, if not all, of the mothers of Wayne's children get along with each other might say a lot of about their maturity and non-drama-wanting lifestyles, but speaks volumes about him. A man with seed spread everywhere can really set the mood for how all the mothers perceive and treat each other. From all accounts, even if it's not perfect, it's ain't as ugly as it could be.

bassie said:

As a soap opera side note - That most, if not all, of the mothers of Wayne's children get along with each other might say a lot of about their maturity and non-drama-wanting lifestyles, but speaks volumes about him. A man with seed spread everywhere can really set the mood for how all the mothers perceive and treat each other. From all accounts, even if it's not perfect, it's ain't as ugly as it could be.

Naw'leans women are one of a kind. I would credit them, and not Wayne...but possibly his money.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This is not exclusive to NO women and I've seen it work when there is a fraction of the funds involved.

Our perspectives/experiences are vastly different.
    Credit whoever you want; I don't need your input to know what I am talking about.

• I heard "Flow Joe" the other day and was reminded of how absolutely terrible Fat Joe has always been.

There are a lot of apologists out there, but I'm not havin' it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I heard "Flow Joe" the other day and was reminded of how absolutely terrible Fat Joe has always been.

Hot beats on that first album, though.

How about dude's comically wack verse on that "1, 2 Pass It" joint? Holy shit.

Guru....oops wrong thread.

djkingotto said:
    waka flocka.... has he selected a beat yet that doesn't sound like every other fuckin popular rap song out there?

LOL

Speak not on what you know not, dude

Radio currently sounds like Flocka, not the other way around

bassie said:

Same thing that makes Rihanna supercute to me is what makes Jay-Z and Lil Wayne infinitely more attractive than Drake - personality.

This is exactly why I don't find her particularly attractive--I find her bad girl persona completely unconvincing.

bassie said:
    This is not exclusive to NO women and I've seen it work when there is a fraction of the funds involved.

Our perspectives/experiences are vastly different.
    Credit whoever you want; I don't need your input to know what I am talking about.

Why so snippy lately?

My whole point is that it's likely more a cultural thing than drugged-out, uber-superfical Wayne somehow being Mr. Magnanimous when it comes to his multiple babymamas.

But whatever, I don't mean to step on your toes. Just trying to discuss.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I heard "Flow Joe" the other day and was reminded of how absolutely terrible Fat Joe has always been.

Thank you.