• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    T-Pain
    Fiddy
    Kreayshawn

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:
    Kreayshawn

I'm coming down there and mounting an intervention.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Craig Mack < actually great imo but worst career / skill ratio ever
    Group Home
    Flav
    Biz Markie
    Fat Joe

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I think the dark haired girl from Darksister is pretty cute. Even though she makes horrible Nashville witch rap.

I've dated worse.

- spidey

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Alchemist

• Lil' B

• Lil' B

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    youknowyouknow said:
    Lil' B

Dammit, you just fucked off a glorious month-long run of not hearing about dude at all. Thanks a lot.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    wacka is a good rappeur and his rapps have actually improved at least with the recent stuff i've heard.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• HarveyCanal said:
    youknowyouknow said:
    Lil' B

Dammit, you just fucked off a glorious month-long run of not hearing about dude at all. Thanks a lot.

I AM PARIS HILTON.

I AM MEL GIBSON.

I AM TILDA SWINTON

• jjfad027 said:

Proto - Kreayshawn/Riff Raff

• NELLY

I'll add - in a recent record purge, I realized that "Country Grammar" has survived all those purges, and will continue to... I will ride for that single years past relevancy.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I don't care what anyone says, THIS ^^^ blows house parties the fuck up. At least in teh Bay.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    gareth said:
    NELLY

I'll add - in a recent record purge, I realized that "Country Grammar" has survived all those purges, and will continue to... I will ride for that single years past relevancy.

Such a dope song and a really great album as well. Nelly isn't a bad rapper either, he just relied too much on the sing-song method too much.

I'll add Rick Ross to the list. I used to think he was terrible but I guess he's really not that bad, but I love hearing him rap.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Milk D

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    gareth said:
    NELLY

I'll add - in a recent record purge, I realized that "Country Grammar" has survived all those purges, and will continue to.

Same thing here. I haven't listened to that song in forever and a day, but I dug it back when it first came out. Of course, then it got severely played out, and I got tired of it.

Then I said, "Ugh, I liked that song more when it was underground," put on my knit wool hat and scarf, ventured out into the 85-degree day, and sat at a coffee shop with my Macbook Pro for 7 hours.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Even if Sadat-X and Grand Puba are technically better, i really like Lord Jamar.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    P-H-I-L the Agony. Smoke more smoke than the smoke from your factory!

• I imagine this is just a spinoff of another thread title, and I get it, but backhanded compliments don't sit well with me.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I might get the beatdown for this one, but Pete Rock and Madlib

bassie said:
    Almond said:
    Kreayshawn

I'm coming down there and mounting an intervention.

LOL! I wrote that in jest. I typically do not ride for Bay rappers. But thanks for offering to intervene in my pop culture binge.

DJ_Enki said:
    gareth said:
    NELLY

I'll add - in a recent record purge, I realized that "Country Grammar" has survived all those purges, and will continue to.

Same thing here. I haven't listened to that song in forever and a day, but I dug it back when it first came out. Of course, then it got severely played out, and I got tired of it.

Then I said, "Ugh, I liked that song more when it was underground," put on my knit wool hat and scarf, ventured out into the 85-degree day, and sat at a coffee shop with my Macbook Pro for 7 hours.

I liked Nelly and CG only the first 35,000 times I heard it. Can't stand it anymore.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm with Brian in that I don't think Wacka is a bad rapper at all. Obviously he's never going to be dropping super scientifical tongue twisters but the guy has immense presence on the mic, is great at conveying emotion and also knows better than pretty much anyone how to ride a Lex Luger style production without getting swamped by the track.

I'll agree that he came onto the scene less than fully formed but tracks like Stereotype suggest he's improving at a fast rate.