Geneva

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Not sure if this is a longshot but anyone have personal experience? Possible two year or more situation. I know virtually nothing about the place.

Comments

• I was there a couple of times in recent years - work and GF related. Surroundings are great, it??s close to France & Italy, lake Geneva is nice, Montreux and Montreux jazz festial are close, the airport offers quite a range of flights. due to the UN institutions there is quite a number of diplomats and international crowd around

BUT: It??s amazingly expensive, the city is quite small and surprisingly ugly, don??t expect nightlife, opening hours of shops and stuff are a joke.... I do not like Geneva.

• some of the best weed in the world and some of the best records you'll ever see at a price you could never afford.

its a special city but getting under the skin of it can be tough, also its not as much fun as it once was, the swiss have reigned in the underground party scene that once existed. like man above said its crawling with expats so unless you speak french do not expect to see much more than watch shops, irish pubs and overpriced designer stores.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ty bros

• I found it pretty boring when I visited.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Are there any unique laws or customs I should know coming from an American perspective?

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i dont know how it is in geneva but swiss people are for the major part very reserved and not really outgoing (well the older generations at least)

• Brian said:
    Are there any unique laws or customs I should know coming from an American perspective?

They have a similar law & tradition for gun ownership...