RIP DJ Mehdi

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

he was too young

On 13th September 2011 reports on twitter came flooding in that DJ Mehdi had died, which were first thought to be a hoax but later confirmed by Ed Banger Records. According to DJMag, he was on the roof of his home in Paris with a group of friends celebrating the birthday of Riton, his partner in Carte Blanche, when the roof collapsed. A number of others are reported to have been seriously injured in the tragic accident. Riton, aka Henry Smithson, is said to be the only person not to have fallen through the roof.

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Pretty bummed out about this. Saw him play in March, and dude MURDERED it, straight up. Lot of nice things being said about the man too, seems like a real good guy.

RIP

• dang, tragic. RIP

• R.I.P.

What a horrible way to go out

• RIP

what is going on with all these stages and roofs collapsing lately?

• I am utterly shocked and stunned! Mehdi was one of my very good friends! I loved and respected the dude a lot! I first met Mehdi in the mid-90s when he was doing straight bom bap hip-hop and we stayed friends since. Cannot say enough about how good of a person he was...sadness today for me. I love you brother..RIP Mehdi!

amir

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Shocking. I remember a Cassius 12" with a Mehdi mix on it. Was real nice. RIP.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I wasn't really up to all of his production work, but he was a truely inspiring artist the way he worked and lived his life. Sad day. I'm gonna rock some DJ Mehdi tonight in the club! R.I.P.!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm gutted

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    wtf? that's terrible. RIP.