Discogs - non paying buyers

triptoyourmindtriptoyourmind 294 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Is anyone else plagued by these? any strategies out there to get them to pay up? seems like every second buyer is a non-payer for me.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    It happens 'cause there's no real consequence for doing this on discogs. I send a reminder email after a few days with a friendly vibe. But it's all good - I then give a deadline of 24 or 48 hours and just cancel the order if I don't get a response by then.

EDIT: and damn, 1 outta 2 is bad odds man. I'd guess maybe 1 in 10 have me chasing payment.

• It happens to me sometimes. Maybe 1 in 10; or less. If you cancel the order for 'non paying buyer' they automatically receive neg feedback. I like this feature since on ebay you can't leave neg feedback (for a buyer) at all. You can also adjust your settings to only allow orders for people with x% positive feedback. Therefore, if you filter your orders for only people @ 80-90% or higher odds are you will get fewer 'non paying' buyers. Unfortunately, you will also get less orders overall.

They get a couple courteous reminders & that's it. Then I just re-list the item.

peace
    O

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Why is it a problem. I have yet to have one on discogs, but in general if someone puts a record on hold mailorder or in the shop, then doesn't pick it up I just relist it. No harm no foul.