Otis' 70th Birthday

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
is today! hard to believe he would have been only 70...so young when he went, he was one grown ass young man.

GOAT

Comments

• The_Hook_Up said:
    is today! hard to believe he would have been only 70...so young when he went, he was one grown ass young man.

GOAT

A voice beyond his physical years.

• http://funky16corners.lunarpages.net/?p=1868

I just re-posted his whole Monterey Pop set at the blog if anyone doesn't have it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Amazing musician.
    I think he was the best horn arranger at Stax.
    RIP

• RIP to a legend

• my folks had the Otis Blue album in their modest record collection (now in mine) when I was growing up - for a kid in a county town in Australia that LP was an amazing eye/ear opener. What a legacy he left behind. An amazing talent. That album is one of my most cherished possessions.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Otis has always been one of my all time favorite singers. He just did it all.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Where's the tribute mix or links to any radio shows doing anything of the sort...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    If I may be corny for a moment? He is the best medicine for an aching heart imo. He sympathizes, but fortifies you at the same time.

And oh yea, this is one of the sexiest songs evar.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    closest thing to ever come to otis....

• AMEN.

The only soul singer in my father's record collection - i grew up believing Otis is the greatest that ever did it, and pretty much feel the same way 30+ years on.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Rad Chez said:
    AMEN.

The only soul singer in my father's record collection - i grew up believing Otis is the greatest that ever did it, and pretty much feel the same way 30+ years on.

amen to that