• 1. Hawaii
    2. The French countryside
    3. Morocco
    4. Scandinavia
    5. Dallas (to dig with Rich, ha)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    mattB said:
    Cosmo said:
    I've been to a lot of places in my life and have been bouncing back and forth between Seoul and Tokyo for the past week. I honestly have to say that if you have never been to Tokyo then you must. It is truly one of the most magical places on earth.
    Did you happen to be in Shibuya funk/soul (B1) disk union, early afternoon yesterday?

I was in there a couple times over the past few days but I'm not sure cause time and date have been fucked for me for the past week or so.

B/W

What a fucking record store. So sick...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    yuichi said:
    I honestly have to say that if you have never been to Tokyo then you must. It is truly one of the most magical places on earth.

Overcrowded megalopolis. Visiting is cool, but I would NOT want to live there for an extended period.

Kyoto > Tokyo IMO

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    mattB said:
    Cosmo said:
    I've been to a lot of places in my life and have been bouncing back and forth between Seoul and Tokyo for the past week. I honestly have to say that if you have never been to Tokyo then you must. It is truly one of the most magical places on earth.
    Did you happen to be in Shibuya funk/soul (B1) disk union, early afternoon yesterday?

I was in there a couple times over the past few days but I'm not sure cause time and date have been fucked for me for the past week or so.
    ha ok, yeah from your pic it was you I saw. I was coming and you were on your way out I think.
    Anyway, yeah rad store. But that's not the one in that photo. Im trying to put my finger on which store that is...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's an upstairs (which is the one the picture was taken in) that has the dance music and shit, and then the basement that has all the oldies and jazz.

• i gotta say i always would much rather go places ive been. is that stupid? i dream of going back to northern cali and the northwest... east bay, redwoods, olympic penninsula, etc. seeing friends and nature. i went to thailand in february and its already tops on my list of places to go back to.

anyway:
    1.back to cali
    2.thailand, laos, vietnam
    3.italy (altho i go almost every year)
    4.jamaica...to see friends and just to pay my repsects
    5. japan
    6. brazil..honorable mention...although i am semi fearful of going places where desperation is front and center in the streets. im not one for insulated gated communities...but it would crush and vacting experience to have street kids hovering around me at all times begging for handouts. it already weighs on my soul enough

really, id be happy to go anywhere new. but unless you spend years and years you can only scratch the surface of really seeing , feeling and living . i traveled up down and across the u.s. in a van for two years and feel like i barely even begun to get to know the country

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Plantweed said:
    5. Dallas (to dig with Rich, ha)

I've been called a lot of things in my life but never a vacation destination.

I'd be honored to go digging with you....c'mon down.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    There's an upstairs (which is the one the picture was taken in) that has the dance music and shit, and then the basement that has all the oldies and jazz.
    Ah, must be Shinjuku I guess (I never go to the dance music floor). It's not Shibuya.

• 1. Holland
    2. France
    3. Sweden
    4. Norway
    5. Czech Republic
    6. Brazil