Tsega : King Ethiopian!

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
yo for real... tsega is dude... period!he did the butter artwork job for me and my old ladys wedding CD cover... after all that, and after he started his new job, i threw him another quickie assignment that he threw together... PERFECTLY... and did so during his first week (or second?) of a brand new job...he also made me the killer logo for All Bay Productions...youre the fucking man tsega... i told you before i owe you big but man please dont forget to holler at me when you need ANYTHING. hes always down for a chill session when i get to LA, and shit we dont even fuck around with records... just hang out and chill...i appreciate dude... thanks!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    , T is that DUDE!

Made a real-world connection via-telephone this weekend, good talking with you hommie. Sounds like things are working out real well for you and I respect your work ethic and relentless hustle.

Secret server to share raers on is definitely what's up, too! Hmmm...who else can we get to contribute?

Noting but respect.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    can we see the finished products?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Damn hommies, I don't think my day could start any better than this... bowl of cereal, with a dash of props. Real world move with strutters is what's up in Summer 05. Secret server blowing the f*** up. Congratualtions again Justin. You're good people.

t.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yes indeed, Tsega is dude.

he raises the bar for meeting random record collecting strangers in person!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Secret server blowing the f*** up.

Soak it up Tseg* - you're REAL!!!!!!!!

thanks for the Trojan (no condom) Dub hookup as well

• Tsega's a jolly good fellow. Met up with him when I was in town after dozens of recommendations to do so, and he lived up to the hype. Showed me and my girl around Hollywood, downed some shots, and traded a Vanguard Squad 45 for a cookie.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    That was one good cookie too!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

heres the wedding CD cover...

http://www.tsegadinka.com/projects/justin/cd_cover.gif

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Damn--that's a great idea.

all i asked him to do was to make it look like The Final Comedown poster/cover art... he made the rest happen...

i wish i could show you the logo... i dont know how to do that though... its on a CD that i give to printers. Tsega is more than welcome to put that up if he still has it saved somewhere, but regardless he designed the logo and presented it to me in different formats, which i may add was very professional, and PRo and i chose the one we liked the best. anyway... it was money WELL SPENT.

all my business goes to the King Ethiopian of Hollywood... holdin it down cuzzo...

• APPRECIATION!

Homie is a great tour guide / host for out-of-towners and has his various creative games on loque.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    yes.......tsega is the man for real. i owe the man my internet life.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    i wish i could show you the logo... i dont know how to do that though...

I love it when Tsega pulls out that sketchbook, like, "Let me show you a few things I've been working on..." He did the same thing with the Vanguard logo. Had 4 notebook pages of sketches. It's heartwarming to see people use pencils.

The Justin CD cover reminds me of those Thump Records lowrider compilations you used to see all over the Bay. I doubt Tsega planned it, but I thought it was beautifully appropriate for Jinx, since he oozes lowrider loveliness.

And the secret server jumpoff is going nuts. DocBreezy sent me some old rap videos, and I got some MC Breed Oakland shit together for him last night. I'm tryna get Hogg in on it, for some more bay shit. PM folls, let's get this shit!

Tsega is my ace homie. I could write you a book, but I think you've all read it already, if not written it yourself.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Tsega's the dude, plain and simple.

mos def a real life homie.

it was money WELL SPENT

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

it was money WELL SPENT

looks like one of those pennies you get out of those penny smooshing machines down at Fishermans Wharf...in a good way

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Never met him but Asprin is good peoples.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I was just reading through this post lightly but I knew I had to click on the photo whne I saw that even Faux_Rills gave it a compliment.

Shit is fly!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Justin, can we get a tracklisting on this?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Tsega (& jeigh)
    taught me everything i know about breakbeataers & hip hop
    i would still be listening to nkotb otherwise
    thanks
    for
    saving
    me

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

1. RAER

2. RAER

3. RAER

4. RAER

5. ONLY SEMI-RAER, BUT STILL ONE OF MY FAVES

6. RAER

7. RAER

8. WILLIE NELSON (FOR BEV)

9. BONUS TRACK THAT SOME OF YOU TOYS MAY ACTUALLY OWN

10. RAER

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    1. RAER
    2. RAER
    3. RAER
    4. RAER
    6. RAER
    7. RAER
    10. RAER

haha

You forgot the "bonus" track:

11. ONLY KNOWN COPY (taken from master tapes, first "proper" release)

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    1. RAER
    2. RAER
    3. RAER
    4. RAER
    6. RAER
    7. RAER
    10. RAER

haha

You forgot the "bonus" track:

11. ONLY KNOWN COPY (taken from master tapes, first "proper" release)

True, that would be the real bonus, but I was thinking "bonus" more along the lines of Justin throwing the poor kiddies a bone...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ya'll know I'm in the fan club.

Congress is working on an Amendment to the constitution so that Tsega can be elected president. We better get going on that before Ethiopia snatches him for Emperor.

• Tsega RULEZ!

Still gonna do my mix cd cover holmes?

(one of these days I'll be able to scrape those 50-100 beans together )

• the greatest thing tsega has given me is his time. i love this dude!

• THIS GUY RULES!

after the wedding... so far only me and my old lady, tsega, drew (who recorded the whole thing), and my man rome whos doing the packaging know the all the titles...

as far as rarity goes... not really... i was going to drop an unreleased Darondo track but decided that this isnt a competition but my wedding cd... though i did think really hard about it...

as far you kids call raers...

Least raer: Michael Jackson - Baby Be Mine

Most raer: hmmm... i'd have to have Dante really tell me but it's between T&E Corp and Majestics...

• MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER

MYSTICAL LOVER