Moving to Ohio

EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
I'll be moving the first of the year to Waverly, Ohio. I have never spent time in that part of the country or in such a small town. It's a village to be exact. 4000 residents. I currently live in Phoenix and have only lived in larger cities(San Diego, new Orleans).

Can anyone tell me about the area or what to expect? The closest city is Columbus.

I'll bs taking a trip out soon to check it out, but I am definitely moving. It's a job that I can't pass up.

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I am in Cleveland never heard of Waverly it should be plenty to get into in Columbus.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rural Ohio can be brutal, and that's going towards the Huntington, WV area, which is also brutal (relatively devoid of good food, culture, etc). It is relatively close to Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus though, so there should be stuff to do and college-y towns. If you are driving along the Ohio River on the Ohio side and you're not near Gallipolis or Ashland, make sure you have gas in your gas tank, cuz if you're low, you could run out before you hit anything (I'm being serious). Lotsa parks and shit in the area, and make sure to make the drive to see Moundsville.
    Peace!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Whenever I think of rural Ohio I think of this.....

Film was set in Xenia(but not filmed there) which is not terribly far from Waverly

• Thanks for the feedback. I started realizing how small this town was when one of the main attractions for the city is Dairy Queen. Honestly I'm more worried about the schools there. From what I've read living in Chillicothe which is a few miles north would be best and make the commute.

And Rock, thanks for making me completely question this move. Haha

It's not too far from Columbus so we will probably be making many weekend trips there.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I remember being in that area and going to a farmstand tended to by two ZZ Top beard dudes and one chick. 2 dudes were in overalls. They didn't seem to recognize the awkwardness of the situation, and how 2 dudes sandwiching their sister (I believe she was their sister) might look a little odd, being as there was nothing else along the road FOR MILES. Good luck sucka, you should be fine, just choose your hometown wisely.