TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Ehh, why not? Man U spanked us.

Do they need to make any big transfers? I thought the announcement might have been about record profits to coincide with them floating stock in umm, Singapore of wherever...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    WTF?

Swinehunds.

b/w

Just scored this as a BIN for ??40; Junior - without wanting to put the jinx on it's postage, if you want a decent rip when it arrives let me know.

Ah dear lord! Yes please L*o. Still one of my favourite deep soul cuts of all time and a proper decent quality vinyl rip would be even better for those late night drunken howling at the moon moments while guests politely collect their coats and leave.

The FPL is pretty much dead to me already as I couldn't even be bothered to update my team and we're only in week 3. Did make the calculated move of removing captaincy from Young though for maximum win. Helps that the actual league is interesting enough right now to hold my attention without resorting to following the progress of relegation fodder that I've had a punt on.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It's either a lot of BS or Sneijder is Old Trafford bound. Maybe completely random.. Kaka or something who knows.

Sneijder would be news!

As I'm resigned to this season being about top four survival rather than challenging for the [strike]treble[/strike], sorry, quadruple, it would be good to see another big name come to the Prem. Shame that all of the best players in football seem to be at either Man U, Man City, Barcelona, or Real Madrid though.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Mertesacker has experience and height, but ye gods, he's slow.

Like a classic Arse player of yore then. I think his main use will be for defending Rooney free kicks

• Balotelli is about the only striker I'd want less than Adebayor and keeping Crouch.

Praying its one of the 3k transfers rumours involving Tottenham this summer.

Starting to worry about not losing the deadwood llke Hutton,GDS and Bentley too.

badder_than_evil said:
    Balotelli is about the only striker I'd want less than Adebayor and keeping Crouch.

I think you guys should take Bendtner off our hands. In fact, Arsenal would like to give him to you. We'll even pay his wages.

• Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Balotelli is about the only striker I'd want less than Adebayor and keeping Crouch.

I think you guys should take Bendtner off our hands. In fact, Arsenal would like to give him to you. We'll even pay his wages.

Straight swap for Crouch, Bentley or Pienaar?

badder_than_evil said:
    Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Mmmmm, tough one.
    Crouchinho is perhaps too prolific in front of goal, and would only be labelled greedy by other Arsenal players reduced to spectating while the lanky one slaloms through opposition defences. Like Barton, would ultimately cause too much disharmony within a tight and positive team. Eh, Rosicky?
    Bentley, despite thinking he was good enough to keep Bobby Pirez & Dennis Bergkamp on the bench when he was with us before, wouldn't get in the team ahead of Bergkamp even now.
    Pienaar's dreadlocked-mullet would fit in nicely alongside the barnets of Gervinho & Sagna though. We could have a deal.

• Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:

Mmmmm, tough one.
    Crouchinho is perhaps too prolific in front of goal, and would only be labelled greedy by other Arsenal players reduced to spectating while the lanky one slaloms through opposition defences. Like Barton, would ultimately cause too much disharmony within a tight and positive team. Eh, Rosicky?
    Bentley, despite thinking he was good enough to keep Bobby Pirez & Dennis Bergkamp on the bench when he was with us before, wouldn't get in the team ahead of Bergkamp even now.
    Pienaar's dreadlocked-mullet would fit in nicely alongside the barnets of Gervinho & Sagna though. We could have a deal.

He couldn't compete with Gervinho's skipping rope on bald head though.
    Corluka?
    He has the turning radius of an HGV and would flourish alongside Merkedsacker for pace.

Spuds just signed Scott Parker. Now that you have about 13 midfielders, you could give us Huddlestone.
    He's the English Michael Ballack.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    got the same 45 for the same price in merican$
    truly top 10 soul song for me.
    if someone buys kaka i laugh

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    musica said:
    Doc: think Meireles is going to get pushed out? He is such a fan-favorite and a great compliment to Suarez, but I get how Dalglish might want to cut out any Hodgson relics.

I don't see Meireles as a Hodgson relic. Even though he came into the side during Hodgson's term, it was pretty clear from some of the comments Hodgson made about him that this was a deal that had been set up before Rafa left. He said something about being unsure where to play him, and didn't even have the guile to pretend he'd seen him play for Portugal when he was covering the World Cup for the BBC.

I'm tempted not to read too much into his season so far. He took a knock at Exeter in the Carling Cup, so he's out for a couple of weeks at least - I knew his Berger-esque tendency to crap out of challenges would cost him eventually. I think he's far too creative a player for Kenny to ship him out as part of a cost-cutting/headcount exercise, especially when you put him up against the players he has got rid of - Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Poulsen, El-Zhar. After the utterly transformed Lucas, he was probably our best player last season, and I think Kenny will find a role for him.

Meireles is now a Chelsea player.

:shitty: :dodododo: :hated_it: :icegrill:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I really don't get this move at all. Meireles was solid. It's only going to make Chelsea stronger, too!

The only thing I can think of is that there were some fitness concerns about Meireles by the LFC medical staff, and that they didn't have much confidence in his fitness prospects for the coming season.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Park, Andre Santos, Mertesacker, Benayoun & Arteta in two days & 3 games in to the season. what a way to do business.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Okem said:
    Park, Andre Santos, Mertesacker, Benayoun & Arteta in two days & 3 games in to the season. what a way to do business.

thats about as good an outcome as i could expect given how things were going as of last Sunday afternoon. i doubt the beat down had much impact in this, but if it did, chalk that up to the one time i thank Utd for doing the business on us.

Arsenal defense could actually be the real deal. actually give time to bleed the youth in, as opposed to playing them cuz its all you have left...

• I'm not impressed by Arsenals signings.
    Mertesacker is too slow and Arteta is as injury prone as RVP.
    Santos is nothing more than an average left back.

• It's like everyone's read the same book of cliches about Arsenal's signings.
    Mertesacker is no slower than Vidic or Terry, or if you're looking for great Arsenal defenders then he's also no slower than Adams, plus Vermaelen is the aggressive one whereas he'll more than likely sit back. Arteta isn't that injury prone either, he missed a lot of one season a year and a bit ago but was fine before then and seems to have been mostly fine afterwards, nowhere near RVP's (or Gibbs now) level.
    Benayoun looks like the only properly guff signing, but at least having him on the bench will mean I never have to see someone holding up the board to say Denilson's about to come on.

Stoke with Crouch in their ranks is a mental prospect, hoof for days.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    musica said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    musica said:
    Doc: think Meireles is going to get pushed out? He is such a fan-favorite and a great compliment to Suarez, but I get how Dalglish might want to cut out any Hodgson relics.

I don't see Meireles as a Hodgson relic. Even though he came into the side during Hodgson's term, it was pretty clear from some of the comments Hodgson made about him that this was a deal that had been set up before Rafa left. He said something about being unsure where to play him, and didn't even have the guile to pretend he'd seen him play for Portugal when he was covering the World Cup for the BBC.

I'm tempted not to read too much into his season so far. He took a knock at Exeter in the Carling Cup, so he's out for a couple of weeks at least - I knew his Berger-esque tendency to crap out of challenges would cost him eventually. I think he's far too creative a player for Kenny to ship him out as part of a cost-cutting/headcount exercise, especially when you put him up against the players he has got rid of - Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Poulsen, El-Zhar. After the utterly transformed Lucas, he was probably our best player last season, and I think Kenny will find a role for him.

Meireles is now a Chelsea player.

:shitty: :dodododo: :hated_it: :icegrill:

Yeah, that went well.

I think Arteta could be a great signing for Arsenal - always thought he was the kind of player who could thrive in their team. The rest of the signings don't really suggest great business to me - I don't think Mertesacker is the worst player but have yet to be impressed by him outside Germany. As for Benayoun......

Meireles is an odd one, seems like Kenny never warmed to him for some reason.

Junior said:
    I think Arteta could be a great signing for Arsenal - always thought he was the kind of player who could thrive in their team. The rest of the signings don't really suggest great business to me - I don't think Mertesacker is the worst player but have yet to be impressed by him outside Germany. As for Benayoun......

Before Cesc & Nasri were actually sold, we were in for
    Hazard, Matta, M-Villa & Cahill

Instead Arsenal wait until Cesc & Nasri are sold, and we get
    Arteta, Benayoun, Mertesacker, Santos

From another forum

I'm a Fenerbahce fan and I'll give you my input on Andre Santos:

First off, thank you for taking him off our hands. ??6.2m is too generous

Going forward is what Andre Santos does best, he can dribble, he can put in a decent cross and he certainly knows how to shoot but defensively he's a massive joke. Whenever he gets forward he has alot of trouble going back to defend and when he was with us it was usually our left winger who had to go back to cover his arse.

He's a player that often breaks the offside trap letting the opposition to go forward and score, cannot mark players for the life of him and doesn't know how to tackle.

Seeing him go to a much faster paced league is certainly going to be fun to watch if you're not an Arsenal fan!

All in all, a totally shite summer for Arsenal.

Ha! Doesn't sound too promising. You're forgetting about Park though. I'm sure he's going to be awesome. Did Bndter go to Stoke in the end or did they stop at Crouch? I'd lost the will to live by that point in the evening but seems somewhat odd to ditch him considering their total lack of any options at the moment. They stuck with him when they had players spare and now they're down to VP and Gervinho are loaning him and the mulletted one out?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I wouldn't really describe the games at Fenerbache as particularly competitive either, what with the bribing of opposition to play badly.

• Arteta - the poor man's Fabregas. Personally, if we're raiding Everton I'd have preferred it had we bought Tim Cahill or Baines.

And Benayoun is not a good look. Why couldn't we have taken Meireles from Liverpool instead?

As for Mertesacker, I think he should be OK. He can't be any worse than Squillaci or Koscielny.

pcmr said:

truly top 10 soul song for me.

I'd take it over other more mythical tunes easy.

I don't understand the Yossi hostility from some of our Gooner contingent. Bags of Prem experience, can play a bit, can score a goal or two. Evidently a better bet than Henri Lansbury.

It's not Yossi's fault that he's going to be compared to either Cesc or Nasri. But he is.

Cesc > Arteta
    Nasri > Yossi

Short-term business that didn't need to be done in the final hours of the window. I'm more optimistic about the players returning from injuries and suspension than the new signings. Still, if they help steady the ship they will have earned their wages.

I'd take a boring 1-0 against Swansea over 7-3 or something right now.

• Gervinho will be the Nasri replacement rather than Yossi, and i'm happy enough with that.
    The Benayoun hostility is more because it's a stop gap season long loan of a player two rivals have deemed surplus, useful as a squad player though.

Presumably, Wenger still nurtures some hope of landing Hazard next season.

Things could always be worse........

http://evertontime.com/