More Herbie on my Rhodes....

TomOTomO 169 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I've been busy working out more Herbie - hope you enjoy this one, there are a couple more on my youtube channel too...

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    really enjoyed it thanks!
    side note; I found a cassette copy of manchild the other day, so it has been on high rotation in the car lately, i need to get more jazz tapes!

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    cool cool , really enjoyable to watch and yes Manchild , going straight on now cheers

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Great stuff. Did you assemble the backing track as well?

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    tuneup said:

Hi tuneup,
    I'm afraid I didn't - it would be impossible to get a backing track sounding as close to the original without going back and actually recording it real instrument for real instrument - and I can't hire an orchestra just to do a youtube video! I played over the original - but I try and play right in time with Herbie (often failing!) so that when my Rhodes is much higher in the mix, you can hear clearly what I'm doing.
    Cheers,
    Tom

• wow. i say quit your dayjob and be a full-time professional muso, you obviously have the chops.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    TomO said:
    tuneup said:

Hi tuneup,
    I'm afraid I didn't - it would be impossible to get a backing track sounding as close to the original without going back and actually recording it real instrument for real instrument - and I can't hire an orchestra just to do a youtube video! I played over the original - but I try and play right in time with Herbie (often failing!) so that when my Rhodes is much higher in the mix, you can hear clearly what I'm doing.
    Cheers,
    Tom

definitely not failing Tom. Sounding great. Keep it up.