Orlando...

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I'm spending the next three weeks in Orlando. Does anybody have recommendations as far as restaurants and record shops goes in and around Orlando? Might be heading to Miami too.

Many thanks in advance,

Dress

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Hey bud, apologize in advance for you spending the most brutal part of the summer here. There's a few record shops, Rock N Roll Heaven is probably worth checking out, prices are a little high but they got joints and a nice 45 section. Park Ave Cds is another good one mostly new records with a used section they sell all kinds of fun stuff. Retro records is a used store here close to Park Ave, mostly turds. As far as eats go your best bet is to seek the the latin spot in whatever negboorhood you're in, for me that's Black Bean Deli. DM'd you feel free to reach out at anytime.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I'll be there (for one day) a week from Friday seeing my brother in law. I have found some nice stuff at Rock n Roll Heaven but he was/is pricey. You just have to poke around. I do like the flea markets around Orlando, Always a good sign (for me at least) when most of the vendors are Puerto Rican or Jamaican!
    Had a very nice Cuban sandwich last time I was down there but I can't remember the name of the place sorry.

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    YNOT mentioned the ones you should start with.

Yeah, Rock N Roll heaven has a good selection, but wack pricing, the owners are of the egg-cape variety type of dealers. You can find some gems they overlooked/aren't up on, in there for a good price if you spend the time to dig. Used to be better. No listening stations anymore, shitty music on the overheads usually.

The Flea markets are occasionally great, depends on your luck, and which one you hit.

Park Ave CDs has some good stuff cause they have an active record buyer, but expect the prices to be what you would expect for a place with someone in the know.

Retro Records is not as bad as YNOTs saying, its got a fair share of
    but Ive found some superdope records for very little in there, its a timing/luck thang.

good luck mayne

• hit the dollar bin at rock n roll heaven. (the big ass pile in the cd room), anything with a vg- cover or vinyl with a scuff or two that can't be sold in the main room will be placed here. have gotten lots of shit over the years.

hit the antiques store on 17/92, waaaaay in the back, yup keep going...right around the corner. (3 bucks a piece, hopefully you'll clear out some mess before i get there in 3 weeks.)

hit retro records if you are into chatting about beatles memorabilia behind the counter to an overweight guy with a mullet and looking through the same records that have been there for the past 10 years.

drive to rod uno's house for the best in mary j blige singles and air jordan colorways made for blind people.

there are no secrets, they are just records.