TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• Duderonomy said:
    Shears said:

ARSENE OUT.

Uhmm, not sure I'd go that far, but I read somewhere that Pat Rice is too much of a Yes Man. Apparently Keown was the defensive coach in 2006 (year we got to the Champ League final), and had things running well, but Wenger got funny about him being there. Control freakery, insecurity, I dunno. Maybe just internet rumours.

I wouldn't go that far either, but it's the sentiment of a lot of Arsenal fans it seems...

I'm still sad that I heard Ray Parlour on tv the other day talking about West Ham as "we" :(

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    cesc addition to barcelona is simple
    start midfield for cup games and depotivo lacoruna style clubs
    replace xavi in the 70th of matches where bar??a leads
    learn through xavi while allowing him to rest for champions league
    win titles with him for a couple of years and then switch aforementioned roles with him

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dudes

Good turnout in teh fantasy league. I will confess to format anger issues.
    It's worse than teh Strut changeover a while back.

You must admit, the Championship is looking way more interesting than EPL these days.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    skel said:
    Dudes

Good turnout in teh fantasy league. I will confess to format anger issues.
    It's worse than teh Strut changeover a while back.

You must admit, the Championship is looking way more interesting than EPL these days.

no Joey Barton v Gervinho chatter? no shit to talk about chelseas opening draw? where the brits at the last few days?

• Barton being a prick is not really news.

b/w

So long, Cesc... http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barca-for-fabregas

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    neil_something said:
    So long, Cesc...

dude was amazing. in american sports terms, he's my Barkley/Ewing of Arsenal, legend without trophies to show for it....

thanks for all the memories fab. and its hard to swallow the "living within our means" philosophy right now knowing that perhaps if we had spent some money for better/more established talent alongside him, we would not be letting him go with so many years left for him to shine.

lets hope AW/the board learn something from this and the Nasri situation too. Players like money, but they also like trophies.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Paul said:
    Don't see Fab or Nasri improving their respective transfer destinations by much.

Both probably spending a lot of time on the bench. Nasri shifted onto the wing to accommodate the 3 defensive mids.

yeah, i have a feeling nasri will end up like adebayor at mcfc. some bright moments, but in the end just being replaced by the next new shiny toy.

i'll take 20M+ for him though....aside from the 1st half of last year, its hard to say that he has been THAT amazing for afc. He could be perhaps, but hasn't shown more than flashes of brilliance to warrant any 100K+ p/w salary. delusions of grandeur i hope.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Barton being a prick is not really news.

While it fails to make a dent in the overwhelming evidence that Barton is a gigantic prick. This tweet did make me chuckle:

Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Junior said:
    neil_something said:
    Barton being a prick is not really news.

While it fails to make a dent in the overwhelming evidence that Barton is a gigantic prick. This tweet did make me chuckle:

Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........

He really is trying to get out of Newcastle!

What a cr*p performance from le'Arse. Without Cesc, Nasri or Wilshire, there was ZERO service for Van Percy. Every time an Arsenal player got within striking distance, they'd ignore the opportunity, over-complicate things, and fudge it. Nothing learned from last few seasons there.
    Maybe Wenger told the team to play shite to convince the board to release some funds to replace Cesc & Nasri.
    And when Frimpong came on, I hoped Wenger might have told him to plant one on Barton, take the card, and send out a message. No such luck.

• i thought chelsea, arsenal and liverpool were meant to be good teams?

peace, stein. . . ;)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Did anybody else watch Life of Rhyme on C4 last night? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/life-of-rhyme/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1 I feared it had the potentially of being terrible, especially after that heinous embarrassment 'How Hip Hop Changed the World', but it was actually pretty good. I thought Akala did a real good job of it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    For some reason they did interview these doods tho.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    i thought chelsea, arsenal and liverpool were meant to be good teams?

peace, stein. . . ;)

Both Arsenal and Liverpool need a few matches to work out their new team orientations. Chelsea simply sucks, and will continue to suck!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    kun aguero. discuss.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    He seems alright, the lad.

I don't know why he has his full name on the back of his shirt, doe. We don't have any other Ag??eros on the books.

Only Teh Grauniad got the "??" correct so far.

Okem said:
    Did anybody else watch Life of Rhyme on C4 last night? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/life-of-rhyme/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1 I feared it had the potentially of being terrible, especially after that heinous embarrassment 'How Hip Hop Changed the World', but it was actually pretty good. I thought Akala did a real good job of it.

Hadn't noticed the Life Of rhyme show, will have a look. I did Sky Plus the How Hip Hop show in the, admittedly slim, hope that it wasn't a steaming pile of shit. I got as far as the intro and turned it off deciding now wasn't the time. I take it it's not worth revisiting then?

Citeh came out firing last night, could have been a lot more. Ag??ero looks very promising indeed but I'll hold off on my judgement of the team's chances until they come up against a less overwhelmed opponent.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Wow. Mancini took De Jong off for a forward?!?!
    Aguerro looked impressive.
    Silva running tings.
    I thought shades of Arsenal when we were good:

Lauren Campbell Adams Cole
    Richards Toure Kompany Cliche

Viera Fabregas
    Yaya Silva

We never had a Tevez, Dzeko or a Kun. Citeh don't yet have a Bergkamp or a Pirez.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Junior said:
    Okem said:

Hadn't noticed the Life Of rhyme show, will have a look. I did Sky Plus the How Hip Hop show in the, admittedly slim, hope that it wasn't a steaming pile of shit. I got as far as the intro and turned it off deciding now wasn't the time. I take it it's not worth revisiting then?

Citeh came out firing last night, could have been a lot more. Ag??ero looks very promising indeed but I'll hold off on my judgement of the team's chances until they come up against a less overwhelmed opponent.

Yeah i wouldnt bother with the show How Hip Hop Changed the World. It was awful. Number 1 on the list was Obama being president. Other entries included novelty acts like MC Hammer & the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Also most of the interviews took place with people like Chipmunk & N-Dubz. Horrible.

I did enjoy the Grafitti Wars documentary though. Anyone who goes over Banksy is alright by me.

• Junior said:
    Citeh came out firing last night, could have been a lot more.

Once they got going they looked impressive, but they definitely didn't come out firing until the second half... I'm looking forward to seeing them against some of the big guns now, particularly if Ag??ero lives up to the hype.

What's happening with Tevez now?

• Life of rhyme was pretty damn good, nice appearances from Ghetts, Dot Rotten, Rodney P, Taskforce, Ty, P Money - very good choices I thought. And linton kwesi johnson was great. Surprised at the grime focus. And my man Dan Hancox's article on "POW" and its relationship with the kettled youth protests got an airing, which was a surprise too.

Graffiti Wars was cool, felt sorry for Robbo by the end of it. Finally gets his due props and then has a terrible accident and ends up in a coma, get well soon Robbo. and yes banksy is an overrated Blek Le Rat dilettante, so it was good to see that expressed in a program on TV, together with that age old debate about street art vs graffiti, and what gets cleaned off and what stays on walls.

• I watched the mancs in 3d.... Not sure if it was that or the 'lost count of the number' of pints that has me feeling so rancid...

both the 3d and city were impressive... wished I'd included a few in my FF side now... Transfer time already...

ZomB said:
    Junior said:
    Okem said:

Yeah i wouldnt bother with the show How Hip Hop Changed the World. It was awful. Number 1 on the list was Obama being president. Other entries included novelty acts like MC Hammer & the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Also most of the interviews took place with people like Chipmunk & N-Dubz. Horrible.

I did enjoy the Grafitti Wars documentary though. Anyone who goes over Banksy is alright by me.

Ha! Yeah my hopes weren't high but as soon as I heard the words "both sides of the atlantic" and saw Will.I.Am and Chipmunk in the first minute I thought it might be best left well alone. Idris Elba channelling Normski for his presenting style didn't help matters either.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It would seem Idris Elba is king fucking cornball. The fact that he's fronting a program about the importance of hip hop in modern culture should be enough to set alarm bell ringing.

I think it advisable to just avoid him at all cost, or he'll just end up ruining any chance of re-enjoying The Wire.

neil_something said:
    Junior said:
    Citeh came out firing last night, could have been a lot more.

Once they got going they looked impressive, but they definitely didn't come out firing until the second half... I'm looking forward to seeing them against some of the big guns now, particularly if Ag??ero lives up to the hype.

What's happening with Tevez now?

I watched the match, City lacked possession in the bulk of the first half but Swansea couldn't engineer anything in the final third of the pitch. The times City got the ball, they did make good chances and should have been a couple up before the break. The bar and their keeper kept them in it. Yaya squandered a few good opportunities too.

They still lack ideas/tactics in midfield; I am told they were very poor against Un*ted and either got the tactics wrong or failed to field players able to execute these tactics. Maybe I should take the Clough (Snr.) approach and not worry - He would say midfield's job is just to get the ball to them Argie lads. They get paid to do the rest.

Tevez/Kun upfront will work well when the opposition isn't parking the bus - same as it did last year. Ballo/Dzeko should therefore get the nod if the only space is on the wings and they are not moaning their tits off.

Early days yet doe. Remember the massive Chelsea tank after Christmas?

Okem said:
    It would seem Idris Elba is king fucking cornball. The fact that he's fronting a program about the importance of hip hop in modern culture should be enough to set alarm bell ringing.

I think it advisable to just avoid him at all cost, or he'll just end up ruining any chance of re-enjoying The Wire.

Funnily enough I'm re-watching The Wire at the moment due to actually catching the start of the annual re-screening of the show on FX. Those five minutes of How Hip Hop......... seriously made me think that I may need a bit of space and time alone before spending an evening with Stringer Bell again. So, so, bad.

J i m s t e r said:

I am told they were very poor against Un*ted

So, so, poor. It's why, as impressive as they were last night, I remain unconvinced. Be very interesting to see whether they maintain that kind of positive attitude against bigger teams and away from home. I don't doubt they have the players to do it now so it's probably the main area of interest I have in this season's premier league at the moment.

• And without wanting to sound too armchair-psychologist, you have to wonder about the unity or team-ethos of a squad made up of a large number of players who have been agitators or dissenters at their previous clubs. Can you see them pulling together if it gets tight, or will they just be resting on their massive paychecks?

Hey, I was happy for them to be mid-table over-achievers. The "Losing games they should win, winning games they should lose" farcical "Form" made it more fun.

I think third (on goal difference) last season was good going. There is still a big gap in quality though, let's be real. Bobby Manc has only been there for one (1) full season and the squad has been thrown together with pretty big shuffles in the transfer windows. Very much a work in progress and the dissenters still have to be offloaded. Mo' money, mo' problems etc. Because of this, I can't see City winning the league.

Un*ted have no such worries - their manager is the best in modern memory, instils fear into the players, doesn't fear his board and the changes in personnel have been gradual and have generally worked - losing even Ronaldo wasn't a show-stopper. Infuriatingly, their players expect to win every game and work until the end of Fergie time. This doesn't go on at any other club in the league since Jose left town. City have the raw squad but these factors will beat City every season until this is the case at Eastlands (strikeout - it's Etihad now, isn't it?)

Can't see it happening this year as 20 years of confidence won't come quickly. Can't see United self-destructing either nor Chelsea wanting it bad enough.

• Ulysses31nicholas said:
    Graffiti Wars was cool, felt sorry for Robbo by the end of it. Finally gets his due props and then has a terrible accident and ends up in a coma, get well soon Robbo. and yes banksy is an overrated Blek Le Rat dilettante, so it was good to see that expressed in a program on TV, together with that age old debate about street art vs graffiti, and what gets cleaned off and what stays on walls.

Saw this last night. Even before the sad coda, I couldn't help but feel that Robbo cut a classic tragic figure throughout. His attempts at getting one over on Bansky always ended up being completely futile; it was like someone shouting really loud while everyone around paid no attention. And there was something incredibly sad about the scene where some kid jumps off a bus, runs over to him and says, "Are you Banksey?"

The whole Blek le Rat section was a huge eye-opener. I'd be embarrassed to be so well known for a style which is essentially bitten wholesale from someone else.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well, since nobody else is going to do it...

• BAN