working at a pawn shop

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i started my new job today as a pawn broker...and im diggin it. yeah..I hate seeing crackheads and tweakers bringing in stolen shit and all, but damn if they aint some deals in that bitch. PA's,studio speakers(woofers and monitors),mixing boards,turntables,car audio amps,speakers,and boxes for days plus enough gold to get all the skeezers. And it looks like commission is going to be the SHIT. anyone else worked at one>oh yeah..since they have their policies of employees notbeing able to purchase goods that people bring in here is what the manager told me to do. I asked if any records ever come in...he says yeah all the time but we dont carry them for whatever reason..BUT his advice is..make a business card saying a friend of mine buys records, hand it to whoever has the wax and say my friend will be up here at 7 pm(when we close). The "friend" that buys records is me of course..and that way i got dibbs on ALL the wax. ANd its in the hood..which could be a blessing. im stoked!now i just have to get me a pinky rink, a gold watch,soem knock in hte trunk,maybe a chain and then im set. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAa

Comments

• robbers of the poor

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    helpers of the poor and addicted

• only helps em if they stole it off some rich dude in the first place.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    robbers of the poor

Yeah, the world would be so much better without any Pawn Shops.
    Where is the "whatever." graemlin?

• Everyone makes choices.

• sorry didnt mean to sound judgemental...make that paper crackalack

• I think I might like it a lot

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    robbers of the poor

It's a two headed beast, really. On one hand, for your normal person, it's a rip-off. For those with bad/no credit and no other collateral, it may be the best chance for a loan they have. Remember, technically pawn brokers aren't buying the merchandise, they're loaning a person money while holding their collateral, until they come back and pay off the loan or their redemption period expires.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Bring out the gimp!

• Yo, get your mind right, get your grind right
    til you get the shine right and get, that, dough
    Stay on the low-low, duckin the po'-po'
    Tuck in the fo'-fo' and get, that, dough
    You get your team right, and that's the green light
    to cut your cream right and get, that, dough
    It won't stop y'all, until I drop y'all
    I'ma hug the block y'all and get, that, dough