Most Influential 70's Punk Band From Your City

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mek_Jagger said:
    dude - what is the keyboard part on i aint takin no shorts? heard its keith on a juno but want the record to exist.

haha...sonned....ill have to check the liner notes.....i cant find the cd......no hijack

produced by mo love tim dog and tr love. no mention of kk on keys

i cant tell if its a sample or live

• sound.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

With their debut single, "(I'm) Stranded", in September 1976, they became the first punk band outside the US to release a record, ahead of better-known acts including the Sex Pistols and The Clash. They are one of the first and most influential groups of the genre, according to Bob Geldof, "Rock music in the seventies was changed by three bands???the Sex Pistols, the Ramones and The Saints".

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I don't listen to this stuff, so Dr Wu is the one who should answer, but...

Napalm Beach
    Poison Idea

And because I like them, Smegma.

Good choices Dan but the kings of PDX punk are the Wipers. In regard to Slaababda's issue of influence outside of their town, Wipers were a huge influence on Nirvana and pretty much the entire NW scene. Lead guitarist, Greg Sage, tells a story about how The Ramones came in 1978 and the day after that show, 15 punk groups were started including the Wipers. Nobody really touches the Ramones as far as influence on punk rock in America or abroad.

• minimini 879 Posts
    Briard: I really hate ya (1977)

• Any way I can sneak the Meat Puppets into this thread?

Not a punk expert but don't know of anything significant in Phoenix...