Please show your collection of records in Thailand

mittoo69mittoo69 13 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I went to travel to Bangkok in February this year, so I bought 30 sheets of 7-inch records.

Thai Luk thung is a very similar feel like the music of Ethiopia.......

[del]

[/del]

Comments

• [del] [/del]
    Attached files

• nat is the man

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    nat is the man

you gotta put me in touch, I ain't postin' up no Thailand records... realising slowly the trolls are out there capitalising on the "secret squirrel" type ish... Euromen can not be trusted with Ethnic infos.

• awwwman, sheep, it feels like game over everywhere in the world unless you get on some serious sidestreet or backwater mission. Nat is definitely doing the thing and playing for an international market (that shop aint cheap!!) and more power to him. but from my limited feel it seems like the euroman record stripminers have covered the globe looking for their sweet vinyls reserves. i mean, im not trying to separate myself from the act of pillaging...if i saw a stack of rare, i would getteth my grippage on no matter what. but it seems like theres a template now for every exotic locale (whether in the stats or abroad): scour and find shit, source it, compile it, release. repeat. create international market. milk it. i can see good in it too...i wouldnt have heard of 99% of the music from the african comps etc. I like that Maft's shop is his thing, and he seems to put in much work to discover, promote and nationalize the profit making.

ok this was a ramble. big up thailand and Luk thung

• [del] [/del]

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    nat is the man

Is this at the new location?

• snicka_g said:
    tripledouble said:
    nat is the man

Is this at the new location?

This is a picture of the new shop.
    Attached files

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Damn, we were gonna go looking to hit that spot up.

We only found records in a couple of places. But were sent on some wild goose-chase a couple of times.

Had some nice taxi rides tho...