how bout okinawa?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I'll be in Okinawa in a few weeks. What is neat to do there? Something you can't do anywhere else?

Comments

• Gary said:
    I'll be in Okinawa in a few weeks. What is neat to do there? Something you can't do anywhere else?

ishigaki

• Gary said:

Drink Nihide beer. When they export it to the mainland they put in some chemical preservative that screws up the taste.
    Ishigaki has some great local "live houses", but it depends on your tolerance for Okinawan music.
    Hateruma is not far from Ishigaki ... tiny island with only to places to stay, but gorgeous.

Bear in mind though that the area has just suffered a huge typhoon.

• tokyobeats said:
    Gary said:

ishigaki

co-sign on Ishigaki. Beautiful place.

Also about 25 minutes by boat from Ishigaki is taketomi. Pretty small but gorgeous
    beaches and an interesting town.

• I spent a few months in oki over the last few years. I was working ALOT but managed to find some good eats. 3 essentials for me are Four Seasons Steakhouse (kobe tenderloin), coco curry house (chicken cutlet with level 3 spice) and Yoshi Hashi sushi house (its all good). I know I came home with some records but I dont remember where I got them. One good spot that I do remember was outside of the Kadena Air Force Base. It's called "gate 2 street" where they sell a bunch of bootleg jerseys and shoes. There is a record store on that street but I cant remember the name of it.