Mid-weak finds

2»

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Copped the McNeill's in NYC, the rest are from eBay.
    Rey, do you like the McNeill on the right?

I'm not into that.

I'm not into the one on the left...

I've had them both, and sold them both.

lol!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Copped the McNeill's in NYC, the rest are from eBay.
    Rey, do you like the McNeill on the right?

I'm not into that.

Rey, do you like the Orqestra Soul on the left?
    I'm into that. "Contreversial.... Mi Guajira es!"
    I'm not into the McNeill on the right so much but it was free as was the one on the left. I am deep into the Orqestra Soul LP, though.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Brian Eno-before and after science
    Velvet Underground-S/t
    Ricardo Ray and Bobby Cruz-El bestial(dont want this, up for trade if anyone is interested)
    Kannibal Komix-S/t
    John Cale-Paris 1919
    Tally Rand-First Fruits(KILLER private xian folk)
    Port Authority-S/t
    Small Faces-there are but four small faces
    Plant and See-S/t(minus cover, anyone got one to spare?)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Brian Eno-before and after science
    Velvet Underground-S/t
    Ricardo Ray and Bobby Cruz-El bestial(dont want this, up for trade if anyone is interested)
    Kannibal Komix-S/t
    John Cale-Paris 1919
    Tally Rand-First Fruits(KILLER private xian folk)
    Port Authority-S/t
    Small Faces-there are but four small faces
    Plant and See-S/t(minus cover, anyone got one to spare?)

• I like both of the Lloyd McNeills. They're not Asha or Washington Suite, but hey, what is?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The version of "To Ramona" on that Burritos LP is a thing of beauty.

Yeah, I like that one much better than Burrito Deluxe.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    One of my source's came up on a huge reggae collection, I'll be up to my ears in new stuff for
    awhile. The shitty thing is this guy had way more but it was sitting in a basement
    with 6" of water. Crates of rare ass reggae melted into pulp!
    But here is my first batch of scores! Plus an Orlando Marin lp that I scored at Goodwill, that one is on Ebay right now for cheap.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    No pics unfortunately, but here's some of what I found this week, all between 0 and 2 euro's:

Catherine Howe - What a beautiful place Lp (rare folk =>http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=catherine+howe)
    Catherine Howe - Harry Lp
    Christine McVie - The legendary Christine perfect Lp (76 pressing)
    Daylight s/t lp
    Garden s/t lp (rare belgian rock on racoon records, I can't find any info on this one)
    Janet Pidoux - la classe de jazz lp (hammond jazzfunk, great!)
    The temptations - psychedelic shack lp (pickwick pressing)
    Candi Staton - Young hearts run free lp (with Monty Stark on synths)
    Silver Platinum s/t lp
    Francois de roubaix - la scoumoune lp (on CAM)
    Johnny Rivers - John Lee Hooker Lp

45's:
    Jane Birkin - Black...white 7"
    Duke of burlington - Flash / viva tirado 7"
    Duke of burlington - Criss Cross / I wan't you back 7" (so great!)
    Les Formidables - La sequence du spectateur 7"(belgian tune on R&B records, pretty weird. Starts off with a heavy drumbreak)
    Gene Chandler - to be a lover 7" (chess)
    R.B. Greaves - Take a letter maria 7"
    Sammy Davis Jr. - Theme from hawaii 5-0 7"(breaks)
    Isaac Hayes - chocolate chip 7"
    O.C. smith - Isn't it lonely together 7"

great week actually

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

david dudley.
    the man, the legend.
    does he do the spoken word to his truck on that one?
    i had a friend years ago who called every david dudley in the country until he finally got that truck-driving-son-of-a-gun on the phone. I think all he wanted to tell him was that he worshiped his music.

• yesterday, on the way home from work:

for a buck!! this is my best find for a minute so warning, i will be posting it in multiple threads as needed.

haha! yeah, a little bit. That record rules. Totally unhinged rocking songs about drinking and driving and big rig wrecks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

haha! yeah, a little bit. That record rules. Totally unhinged rocking songs about drinking and driving and big rig wrecks.

I'm a big fan of Trucker Country...

And Dave Dudley is the shit....

But you ain't heard nothin until you hear "Six Days On The Road" by Willis Caswell & His Crimson Cowboys!!!

I am a complete novice about trucker country. I probably need to move to Texas.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Hey Hcrink, if you don??t mind me asking:

WHERE are those other records you got from? "Etrf??"?? What the hell is that language?

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

WHERE are those other records you got from? "Etrf??"?? What the hell is that language?

- J

Hey J*r**d! It's Hungarian.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    No pics unfortunately, but here's some of what I found this week, all between 0 and 2 euro's:

Catherine Howe - What a beautiful place Lp (rare folk =>http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=catherine+howe)
    Catherine Howe - Harry Lp
    Christine McVie - The legendary Christine perfect Lp (76 pressing)
    Daylight s/t lp
    Garden s/t lp (rare belgian rock on racoon records, I can't find any info on this one)
    Janet Pidoux - la classe de jazz lp (hammond jazzfunk, great!)
    The temptations - psychedelic shack lp (pickwick pressing)
    Candi Staton - Young hearts run free lp (with Monty Stark on synths)
    Silver Platinum s/t lp
    Francois de roubaix - la scoumoune lp (on CAM)
    Johnny Rivers - John Lee Hooker Lp

45's:
    Jane Birkin - Black...white 7"
    Duke of burlington - Flash / viva tirado 7"
    Duke of burlington - Criss Cross / I wan't you back 7" (so great!)
    Les Formidables - La sequence du spectateur 7"(belgian tune on R&B records, pretty weird. Starts off with a heavy drumbreak)
    Gene Chandler - to be a lover 7" (chess)
    R.B. Greaves - Take a letter maria 7"
    Sammy Davis Jr. - Theme from hawaii 5-0 7"(breaks)
    Isaac Hayes - chocolate chip 7"
    O.C. smith - Isn't it lonely together 7"

great week actually

Here are the pics:

- J

Hey J*r**d! It's Hungarian.

yup. many Hungarian records were dumped at my local salvation army here in California. weird.

yup. many Hungarian records were dumped at my local salvation army here in California. weird.
    I saw a couple of cool looking Eastern European records at one of the local thrifts. I didn't cop because their were some Polka and Waltz on the record (uggh). I'm copping just because the covers look cool.

I saw a couple of cool looking Eastern European records at one of the local thrifts. I didn't cop because their were some Polka and Waltz on the record (uggh). I'm copping just because the covers look cool.

yeah, most of time when I find this stuff at thrift shops it's horrid - and I did buy few Hungarian MOR rock sounding terds, but a few of the proggy ones are really dope.

yeah, most of time when I find this stuff at thrift shops it's horrid - and I did buy few Hungarian MOR rock sounding terds, but a few of the proggy ones are really dope.
    Well, I am due for a record review on Waxidermy.

but of course.

• LPs
    jackie wilson - whispers (brusnwick)
    the artistics - what happened (brunswick)

45s
    the finishing touch - second best (is never enough) (philly groove)
    chuck jackson and maxine brown - let's get stoned/never had it so good (scepter/wand)
    baby huey and the babysitters - mighty mighty children/pt 2 (curtom)
    sugar billy - super duper love/pt 2 (fast track, mono promo)
    emotions - i call this loving you/from toys to boys (volt)

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

L*c*m*tiv GT?

- J

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I played "Soul Makossa" at the end of my set last night at the shop and shit kind of popped off outside:

The party continued...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    tight

• Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Im not really sure what the policy on that is, but I found this the other day, and I thought somebody may want it ..... Third Rail "Reachin for it"

I'm not really a boogie dude, although the more I listen to this the more I like it. Definitely growing on me, but not attached to it, and i'm sure there is somebody thats REALLY looking for this ...

Im a psych funk dude, bugged out fuzzy breaks, wierdo rock jazz fusion, library proto hip hop ish ... you know the deal

TRADESIES???

meatyogre said:
    Maxx Traxx, though rare, is findable in Chicago, being that its a local record. I bought one last year, and I think Chris probobly had a couple. That Third Rail record is better though, imo.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's called the wants/trades section, look into it.

• The_Non said:
    It's called the wants/trades section, look into it.

Well aware. Thank you.

Just thought I'd do my due diligence by checking whether or not it was already discussed.

regards,

mc