Sample Questions

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Hey,

As a disclaimer, let me say that I rarely ask sample questions on here; however, there are a few that I've pondered over the years that I have to have answered. Here they are:

-"Getdafucout"-Onyx (also used in "Attack of New Jeruz" by The Artifacts).
-"Bacdafucup"-Onyx.
-"Crooklyn"-Crooklyn Dodgers (the original version, bassline).
-"Let it Slide" (bassline)-O.C.
-"Raise it Up" (bassline)-The Ultramagnetic MCs (Godfather Don sickness).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• minimini 879 Posts
    Let it slide sample starts around 1:10

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    mini said:
    Let it slide sample starts around 1:10

Hey Mini,

Thanks for your response, my man. The song you posted sounds like the source of the interlude that precedes "Let it Slide." The sample I inquired about is the the main bassline loop of the song.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I listened through all of them. But i don't know any. :( Sorry

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think Ultra's Raise It Up might be live instruments.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

Big Stacks,

I don't have a firm answer for you, but I may have a lead on that Onyx outro (real short jazzy bass loop, right?). I had always been on the lookout for that one and I *think* I heard it at one point on Freddie Hubbard's Keep Your Soul Together LP (the CTI with the "lips" couch). Can't tell you what song/side, and I don't have the record close at hand these days, but I'm pretty sure it's hidden in there somewhere. If you find it, let me know...

-BELIEVE

EDIT: it's not a repeated loop, more of an "oh shit" moment in the middle of a longer noodle...if that makes sense at all.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    BELIEVE said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Big Stacks,

I don't have a firm answer for you, but I may have a lead on that Onyx outro (real short jazzy bass loop, right?). I had always been on the lookout for that one and I *think* I heard it at one point on Freddie Hubbard's Keep Your Soul Together LP (the CTI with the "lips" couch). Can't tell you what song/side, and I don't have the record close at hand these days, but I'm pretty sure it's hidden in there somewhere. If you find it, let me know...

-BELIEVE

EDIT: it's not a repeated loop, more of an "oh shit" moment in the middle of a longer noodle...if that makes sense at all.

Hey BELIEVE,

I figured the bassline probably is from an LP that's not obscure. I have "Keep Your Soul Together" (have had it forever, oddly enough) so I'll see if I hear the bassline on it. Thanks for the tip, my man!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    No problem. If you do find it, post back up. That Onyx beat was so simple but so good (with the gritty substitution drums), kind of a shame they didn't make a real track out of it.

-BELIEVE