2011 NFL Season

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Randy will come back once the injuries start piling up in the NFL, someone will take a chance.

This. But whichever team picks him up will probably end up regretting it (unless it's a bottom-dweller just looking to sell some tickets).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Randy shoulda retired before last season, true. But even if he pisses in his next coach's eye while refusing to stop smoking weed as he trots through running plays, he's still a first ballot hall of famer who deserves honor instead of a clenched-butt terd upon announcing his retirement.

b/w

DJ Steve Porter will miss him.

• Moss is my favorite player I've ever watched. Watching the '07-'08 Pats up close, I'll probably never see anyone as gifted as him.

He was funny, mercurial, could be an asshole to anyone in the media, and could be as giving and genuine as anyone I've ever seen when kids were around, provided the cameras weren't rolling.

Always his own man. Flawed, but more talented and gifted than anyone who ever played the position. (yes, that includes Jerry Rice. Rice did FAR more with FAR less...)

Roll a spliff, and cast your reel, Randy.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    The_Non said:

You can't get outta jail after 2 yrs and be at game speed. Vick sucked ass his 1st year, he looked like slow motion, and I'd argue he kept himself in better shape than I'd think Plax did/could.

The qb position is a lot harder to jump back into than wr. All Plax has to do is a run a route well and have Sanchez get the ball within catching distance. Plax is probably not as fast as he was two years ago, but I bet he's more physical and much more determined.

This is Plax , respect

I have to say this looks more like Al Harris Lowlights than anything else. If Al couldn't play bump and run the dude couldn't stay with anyone.

The Eagles are all-in for this year. But i gotta ask how are they gonna be under the salary cap and compete in the coming years .

Nnamdi as great as he is is the most expensive CB in the league, 30 years old and getting older.
    Vick the franchise tag average means he will get paid the average of 5 highest paid QBs.
    Jason Babin for 6 mil/year
    Cullen Jenkins will average 5 million a year for a 30 year old who missed 17 games in the last 3 years.
    Desean Jackson is a hold out and will get paid like a top-15 WR

They remind me of the Niners and Cowboy teams of the early 90's but with the modern day consequence of lost draft picks and a semi-real salary cap.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    thursdayalley said:

The Eagles are all-in for this year. But i gotta ask how are they gonna be under the salary cap and compete in the coming years .

Nnamdi as great as he is is the most expensive CB in the league, 30 years old and getting older.
    Vick the franchise tag average means he will get paid the average of 5 highest paid QBs.
    Jason Babin for 6 mil/year
    Cullen Jenkins will average 5 million a year for a 30 year old who missed 17 games in the last 3 years.
    Desean Jackson is a hold out and will get paid like a top-15 WR

They remind me of the Niners and Cowboy teams of the early 90's but with the modern day consequence of lost draft picks and a semi-real salary cap.

Make no mistake about it- the dudes in the Eagles front office are hustlers

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/NFL-Network-Philly-Free-Agency-Recap/ead5c439-31b1-4d85-8510-713b0aba324f

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Vick, VY, McCoy, Ronnie Brown, DJax, Maclin, and Celek...wow!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    The Eagles will choke at some point, guaranteed.