Record shops in Italy

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
Hi there,
I'm a Tri??st, Italy right now but can't find any info on Record Shops here, can anybody tell
if there even is one?
I'm also goin' to Florence & Milan, any suggestions?

Thanks upfront,
Mr_Zimms

Comments

• vinegarvinegar 56 Posts
    hey,
    go to DATA RECORDS 93 s.r.l.Via dei Neri, in Florence. Not far from the Galleria degli Uffizi .
    Good jazz and psych section from what i remember. But it won't be cheap....
    Here is their websire http://www.superecords.com/

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    vinegar said:
    hey,
    go to DATA RECORDS 93 s.r.l.Via dei Neri, in Florence. Not far from the Galleria degli Uffizi .

Thanks!

No recordshops in Milan ???

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I did pretty good at Data and didnt spend a lot...their "euro bin" yielded some really nice 45s. I kinda got hosed on a Guru Guru LP, but it wasnt something I would find in the racks in the states and I would have paid that with shipping if i got it on the internets, so not a great loss.

Also in Florence, there is a shop by the duomo...if you are standing in front of the duomo and take the street that goes around the left of the duomo, there is a 60s themed second-hand shop that has thousands of 60s pic sleeve 45s. They can't be seen, you have to ask, they are in a back room...but a really nice selection if you are into 60s stuff.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    In Florence I hit up a tiny spot down the street from my hotel called Twisted that specialized in jazz. Not much of a selection, but he had a gang of cool looking fausto papetti type joints.

I just came back from a 3 week European trip and didn't come back with a single record. :weaksauce:

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    No recordshops in Milan ???

Check down near the canal, there's a restaurant and 2nd hand shops run. I found some great records in a Clothing shop (axelrod songs of innocence, funk 45s) and there's also a 2nd hand record store too.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    vinegar said:
    hey,

Thanks!

I've been to Data twice, my visits were a decade apart. The first time i bought a bunch. They tried to rip me off, thought i didn't understand the '10% off everything' sign in the window. The 2nd time was last year and I didn't find much. Prices are high.

Thanks guys

Been a really bad trip for buying records.
    Started in Germany's Neurenberg where you had 3 record shops in one street where the best thing I found was a scratched "Titanic" lp.
    Then: Austria @Schallplatten Teuchtler where I found a cheap edition of a Sahib Shihab record called Jazz Non Stop. Friendly people in the store that told me they sell the good lp's very quickly because they keep their prices low. Fair deal.
    The other shop "Record Shack" really dissapointed me.
    Bought some re-issues I missed out on, but not even 1 record in the shop was priced so I waited for about 15 minutes to let the guy look in the computer to decide how much the records would be. I hate that...
    The store owner was away for a few days & this guy behind the counter couldn't recommend me anything nor answer some of my questions...
    Next stop: Italy's Triest, same story, the guy started to check every single record I took from the bags that where on the floor (filled with records) saying : "Thies goes onda Popsaaika forra 60 dolla, you can hef forra 40 euro". Damn....
    Friendy guy, but what an amateur...
    Next stop: Florence. Data Records, what a nightmare!!! Asked the 2 guys in the back if they had any Italian funk / library re-issues & because they didn't know what a re-issue was (because of their bad English) they just LOOKED AWAY !!!!
    As I wanted to leave the store, a younger dude started to ask me what I was looking for & helped me a bit. Friendly guy, but I only found 2 45's that weren't all that.
    The only next stop is Milan but I think I'll give up & start enjoying my vacation right now here in the beautiful landscape of Siena, Toscane.