2011 NFL Season

RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
too early to start this thread? Surely not

Crazy activity the last few days

Ochocinco & Haynesworth to the Pats, Nnamdi, DRC & VY to the Eagles, Kolb to the Cards, McNabb to Minnesota, Bush to Miami & many many more.....

I can't wait for this season to start, 2011 is going to be great!! Thoughts?

Comments

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Let's hope letting DRC go for Kolb works out for the Cards.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Are you kidding me??? WE GOT NNAMDI ASOMUGHA??? DAAAAAAAMN!!!
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :next_level:

• Phill With 2 Ls said:

That shocked me as well. I swore he would go to the Jets under the impression that they're just one win away from a Super Bowl, but then when I heard he went to the Eagles that came from left of nowhere. So Rogers-Cromartie AND Asomugha in the same backfield? Will they keep Asante or will he go to the Jets or Cardinals? Facing the Eagles twice this year has now gotten more difficult.

incompletejigsaw said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

That shocked me as well. I swore he would go to the Jets under the impression that they're just one win away from a Super Bowl, but then when I heard he went to the Eagles that came from left of nowhere. So Rogers-Cromartie AND Asomugha in the same backfield? Will they keep Asante or will he go to the Jets or Cardinals? Facing the Eagles twice this year has now gotten more difficult.

I think Asante is gone but I don't know that the Jets have anything available that we'd need (right tackle, DT, LB and safety). Who knows though, the Eagles love draft picks, too. Both Asante and Jeremy Maclin have been absent from camp so I suspect both of them may be on the trade block.... can't even imagine what else the Eagles have up their sleeve but I'm pretty sure they're not done. :woah:

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

I think Asante is gone but I don't know that the Jets have anything available that we'd need (right tackle, DT, LB and safety). Who knows though, the Eagles love draft picks, too. Both Asante and Jeremy Maclin have been absent from camp so I suspect both of them may be on the trade block.... can't even imagine what else the Eagles have up their sleeve but I'm pretty sure they're not done. :woah:

And then you'd still have renegotiate with Action Jackson. I'm thinking Asante is gone, too. But I think that he might end up in New York for some reason if the Antonio Cromartie dealings don't end well up there.

But thank God football is back. In Beck We Trust.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

This is a great pick-up....the papers here acted like there was a chance he'd come to Dallas.....headline tonight is "Eagles Swoop Down On Cowboys"....Jerry has money burning a hole in his pocket....believe that.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Looking forward to a 3-13 season from my beloved Skins. :f-u:

• Bon Vivant said:

I'm not always an optimist, but I think that we'll have a decent season. I like the idea of having veterans come in to compete with the rookies and younger players for positions as well as cutting some injury-prone veterans like Rabach and Daniels. Plus, with not much extracurricular activities going now that Haynesworth and McNabb and Portis (whom I am a fan of) are gone, the concentration is finally on football. Again.

Plus, don't you find it refreshing that we went after veterans who are productive rather than big-name free agents who could live up to expectations or fall underneath them? The team is finally being led in a good direction, and I can't wait until preseason to see how we fare.

And don't hate on John Beck just yet. Remember Todd Collins? In Beck We Trust.

incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I'm not always an optimist, but I think that we'll have a decent season. I like the idea of having veterans come in to compete with the rookies and younger players for positions as well as cutting some injury-prone veterans like Rabach and Daniels. Plus, with not much extracurricular activities going now that Haynesworth and McNabb and Portis (whom I am a fan of) are gone, the concentration is finally on football. Again.

Plus, don't you find it refreshing that we went after veterans who are productive rather than big-name free agents who could live up to expectations or fall underneath them? The team is finally being led in a good direction, and I can't wait until preseason to see how we fare.

And don't hate on John Beck just yet. Remember Todd Collins? In Beck We Trust.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Skins to succeed. Yes, it's great that (it seems) that the mentality of throwing money at names has taken a back seat to acquiring veterans that are solid players. But, Shanny doesn't have a record of building a team (the SB Broncos were built by Reeves), and the O-line is still dreadful. Not hating on Beck just yet, but he has no protection, and the receiving corps is suspect. IMO.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Skins are still a good 2-3 years off from really competing in the NFC East. Eagles look like juggernauts on paper right now, and Jints are no slouches themselves.

WhoIsStanPapi said:
    Racialslur fans have two reasons for optimism going forward.

1. They'll probably be in the running for Andrew Luck.

2. Sure, he's only 45, but Danny Snyder MIGHT die soon.

Watch out, mang. Snyder may sue you for defamation.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    I am I the only person likes Roy Williams to Chicago?

Should do Cutler good having a big physical WR, I remember how good the Cutler/Marshall combo used to be in Denver

Now Cullen Jenkins is an Eagle. This is becoming some take-our-talents-to-South-Philly sh*t now

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Now Cullen Jenkins is an Eagle. This is becoming some take-our-talents-to-South-Philly sh*t now

Man, I was hoping we'd land him. The Eagles are looking scary on paper now. Once they get Action Jackson on board, I can already see a Super Bowl for them.

• E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!! I love the moves they're making. This is a do or die year for Andy Reid. I would be upset if they traded Maclin. He's mad underrated.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Plaxico goes to the Jets, thought this might happen.

I'm not sure what he's got left, though.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Horseleech said:

I think it's a good signing for the Jets, only a one year deal. Sanchez needs a guy who can get well above DB's, should stop opponents from just doubling up on Holmes aswell

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Risingson said:
    Horseleech said:

I think it's a good signing for the Jets, only a one year deal. Sanchez needs a guy who can get well above DB's, should stop opponents from just doubling up on Holmes aswell
    I think this is a dumb signing by the Jets. He's fucking old and will take at least a year to get up to game speed (Vick). They haven't done shit in the free agent scramble yet and they lost Brad Smith. I'm fucking pissed off.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Risingson said:
    Horseleech said:

I think this is a dumb signing by the Jets. He's fucking old and will take at least a year to get up to game speed (Vick). They haven't done shit in the free agent scramble yet and they lost Brad Smith. I'm fucking pissed off.

Nah, Plax is a good pick up seeing as they are ridding themselves of Edwards. He's got good hands and it shouldn't take him too long to get back into things.

As a Giants fan I'd be afraid of the Eagles, but they still have Andy Reid as their coach, so I'm not sweating it. That said, smh at Coughlin's contract extention.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

Man, I was hoping we'd land him. The Eagles are looking scary on paper now. Once they get Action Jackson on board, I can already see a Super Bowl for them.

The Eagles are supposedly already calling themselves "The Dream Team." If that's true, then they have guaranteed that their season will end in crushing disappointment.

Garcia_Vega said:
    The_Non said:
    Risingson said:
    Horseleech said:

Nah, Plax is a good pick up seeing as they are ridding themselves of Edwards. He's got good hands and it shouldn't take him too long to get back into things.

As a Giants fan I'd be afraid of the Eagles, but they still have Andy Reid as their coach, so I'm not sweating it. That said, smh at Coughlin's contract extention.
    You can't get outta jail after 2 yrs and be at game speed. Vick sucked ass his 1st year, he looked like slow motion, and I'd argue he kept himself in better shape than I'd think Plax did/could.

• The_Non said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    The_Non said:
    Risingson said:
    Horseleech said:

You can't get outta jail after 2 yrs and be at game speed. Vick sucked ass his 1st year, he looked like slow motion, and I'd argue he kept himself in better shape than I'd think Plax did/could.

I don't think that the Jets will just throw him out there and hope that he remembers how fast the game is. Like what the Eagles did Vick's first year by putting him in short-gain or goal-line situations to get him even more acclamated into the swing of things, I think the Jets might emulate that. He wouldn't have to do too much downfield running and Sanchez could just lob it into a corner of the end zone and know that Plaxico could just grab it.

The_Non said:

The qb position is a lot harder to jump back into than wr. All Plax has to do is a run a route well and have Sanchez get the ball within catching distance. Plax is probably not as fast as he was two years ago, but I bet he's more physical and much more determined.

This is Plax , respect

Garcia_Vega said:
    All Plax has to do is a run a route well and have Sanchez get the ball within catching distance.

Easier said than done. Sanchez is a mediocre QB.

Bon Vivant said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    All Plax has to do is a run a route well and have Sanchez get the ball within catching distance.

Easier said than done. Sanchez is a mediocre QB.

So is Eli.

I want Plax to do well, he deserves it more than Vick or any other ex-cons in the NFL. He's a good guy overall, just did some real dumb ass shit, and the city and his team hung him out to dry, made an "example" out of him. He didn't deserve all that time.

• Breaking news on NFL.com has it that Randy Moss is retiring!!

Shame he never got to lift a Lombardi Trophy, 2007 will haunt him forever more....

Tribute.
    b/w
    Don't think he's really retired.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    So ESPN allowed one of its hack columnists to negatively pile on Moss with the following ridculous article...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6825249/randy-moss-worn-welcome-nfl-missed

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    So ESPN allowed one of its hack columnists to negatively pile on Moss with the following ridculous article...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6825249/randy-moss-worn-welcome-nfl-missed

"In fact, Burress' signing with the Jets proves how far Moss has fallen. New York was more willing to commit a one-year, $3 million deal to a player who's never made the Pro Bowl and spent the past two seasons in prison."

A few things about that article
    -It is well known Moss wanted a multiyear deal and the Jets apparently wouldn't do it. Dude doesn't mention that? He doesn't know?
    -I don't imagine Tom Brady withholding passes from an open receiver, no matter what that receiver's (perceived) work ethic was.
    -I think Randy has had back problems or something. He doesn't run like he used to, and it's not being old. He's looked stiff for the past 2 years.

Randy will come back once the injuries start piling up in the NFL, someone will take a chance. Jets took Plax because he came at a bargain price and left room for them to work with the salary cap, same reason Edwards got dropped.