THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COOMMIIIIIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
looks like it might be beef jerky time bitches! granted, this is just a preview of a ben stiller fronted flick. but when was the last time eddie murphy has even been funny in a trailer? no kids, no pets, no 20 different rolls in a variety of fat suits. i aint fallin for no banana in the tailpipe!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    48 Hours 2012!!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    there seems to be a light dash of trading places in there as well, but i'll take it. he hasnt had a bonafide comedy in years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bowfinger was the last "return to form" flick i heard about.

I havent seen Norbit, Shrek, or Dr. Dolittle.

He killed Dreamgirls, but he was serious.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    in no way would i call bowfinger a return to form. it just wasnt as shitty as the string of crap hed been churning out.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this was originally suposed to be the 'dream team' comedy cast: eddie, chris rock, bernie mack, etc. schitt took so long in development, THIS is what we end up with. :cry:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what ever happened to the hard r flick eddie was writing with his bro? all this time eddie said he didn't do r-rated flicks cause the money wasn't there, but now the money IS there. in a big way. he needs to do one more r-rated comedy before he retires.

• grandpa_shig said:
    in no way would i call bowfinger a return to form. it just wasnt as shitty as the string of crap hed been churning out.

no. Bowfinger, while not great, was definitely a comeback for Eddie; he'd been down a minute, and this was at least as somewhat amusing flick and made good use of his talents.

this tower shit on the other hand looks beyond bad.

• I maintain that over the course of his career, in raw numbers, Eddie has made more bad movies than good ones.

and that's saying a lot considering how many bonafide classiques he had early on.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    This movie will suck, as do all PG13 movies.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    "Tower Heist" looks TERRIBLE. I'll skip this one.