• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    :game_over:

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i distinctly remember white people about to lose their shit over this one

• and to think
    Buggin Out
    now runs a METH EMPIRE .....

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    a circa 2000 revival screening of The Warriors here in Baltimore degenerated into a (costumed) brawl of near-riot proportions.

• onetet said:
    a circa 2000 revival screening of The Warriors here in Baltimore degenerated into a (costumed) brawl of near-riot proportions.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-03-12/features/1992072239_1_party-clowns-shakes-the-clown-goldthwait

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    grandpa_shig said:
    i distinctly remember white people about to lose their shit over this one

Yep, I saw this in 1988 in Raleigh NC on its release and there was a crowd of Christian protesters right alongside the ticket line. Peaceful though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    TIL that this tv show is banned in Boston.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Sante Sangre

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    onetet said:

Can cos-players REALLY be involved in a "riot"? Seems like riots need to consist of random ordinary folks, not people in face make-up.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts

Hindu fanatics in India attacked the set of Deepa Mehta's "Water," burned stuff etc. She had to delay the shoot and move production to Sri Lanka. Not a bad movie either. Looking forward to her rendition of Salman Rusdhie's Midnight's Children, which was also shot in Sri Lanka, probably to avoid Muslim fanatics in India.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

OG Warriors

b/w

didnt Boys In The Hood and Menace To Society cause riots?
    Or just stabbings and shootings?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    New Jack City did, it was a big deal back then. Looking back at that movie now though, I laugh at it, every time it's on VH1.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

• strikerstriker 146 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's a infamous riot that happened on Chestnut Street in Philly back in the 80s. It happened after an Easter Sunday screening of The Last Dragon. I was out there and basically mad kids left the theater all thinking they were Bruce Leroy and had "The Glow" which quickly turned into a massive riot with looting and shit. Fucking Philly.

Around the same time there was a near-riot around a screening of Tougher Than Leather.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I believe people lost their shit over Greenaway's The Baby of M??con, which was partially inspired by another controversial baby - the slimy still attached to the cord one in a Benetton print ad. Both the film and ad were banned all over the place.
    It is a beautiful film - aside from Lilya-4-Ever - the most difficult film I have ever watched.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    cosmo that story is hilarious!

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    And the irony of this story is... It was the DJ's fault... Bad DJ Kaskade, bad...
    :nagl:

Kaskade Block Party Turns Into Riot At Hollywood And Highland

On a more serious note, has anyone accidentally caused an incident with a twitter flash mob at one of their own events?

I know Dave Chapel underestimated the size of the crowd that would show up in downtown Portland and his boombox PA system was, what's a nice way to say it, was "not up to the task it was assigned." He was a bit shocked by how many showed up for his impromptu performance.