sir menelik produced by diamond felxi disk of an unreleased trck

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
ok ok so I have been "record shopping" thru my collection and I have been finding all these interesting record that either I don't remember anything about or know absolutely nothing about! so here goes another one: sir menelik (unreleased) fexi disk produced by Diamond D. it is a Rawkus/Milk Crates collabo but no date on it. I don't even remember when or how I got this.wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

amir

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what year did it come out? what got sampled? is it any good?

• hey man,

how r u? anyway there is date on it but I would guess late 90s. I gotta get new needles so cannot tell you what was sampled but I remember it being good. i am def holding on to it.

amir

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Hey, if you could rip/upload it when you get a chance i would love to hear it!

Menelik's 1st album is a personal favourite of mine.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    think it was a promo freebie that came with a magazine back when Sound Bombing 2 came out...was a coloured flexi 7" that was attached to a center page

URB or some other mag I can't remember

I could be wrong though.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    There was a similar flexi of blackstar redefinition. I forget the magazine, but maybe it was Option, stress, something like that. It was a short run magazine.
    I bet the menalik came from the same magazine.

I had the blackstar flexi pinned on our wall and my roomate's dog tore it to pieces.

• this 45 flexi disk isn't colored at all and I don't think it came with a stress magazine from back then but I could be wrong on that tho. def not colored. i will try to rip it soon for people to hear...stay tuned!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    nice. look forward to hearing that.
    amir, you trying to beef up the post count of this thread with all the triple posts?

• sorry man, internet was bugging s I thought it was psoting lol!

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Spacecho said:

Menelik's 1st album is a personal favourite of mine.

which was that again? scaramanga seven eyes seven horns? might need revisiting, as i've totally forgotten it.....

• the blackstar one was in stress