Ice Cream Trucks Yay or Nay (Ice Cream related)

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Seems to be the hot schitt this summer. Anyone into them or have a favorite one you visit frequently? Any particular ice cream jawn your favorite? I'm kinda feelin' these:

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ice Cream trucks have always been hot shit in the summer.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Nay.

The one in my area plays a loop of Fur Elise which seems like an odd choice for peddaling ice cream, and it's annoying.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickie_Dee

was the schitt when i was a kid on some (MOM THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIN!!!!!), although it wasnt a truck per se, they used to roll through our neighborhood ringing the bells they had on their handlebars letting all the kids know they were coming, kids used to go nuts for it...when we got older we'd steal the icecream and loot the dudes for their money...

i decided it would be cool one year to get a job riding dickie dee, i got robbed and they took all my icecream and money and tried to streal my bike...lol good times!

nuthin like that around these here parts anymore...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Yes. Haven't had a Choco Taco, but I did the malanguiats and got a bit of that horfolorrnos, you know? Shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the shit with the bubblegum in the bottom, the Cannonball, was thay bomb.

also, I think I was the only person in the world that liked the malted milk thing in a cup that you ate with one of those italian ice spoons, ugh, my tongue curls and there is gag reflex just thinking of those flat wooden tongue depressor spoons ...

• Ice Cream Truck of your very own would be dope...
    Went to an Ice Cream shop in Pittsboro NC that was excellent..
    If you are ever in the area, yall should check it out:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=S+n'+T+of+pittsboro&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Damn! Ice Cream Trucks bring back some funny memories.. I always remember kids running home getting money to get some of that..
    for me though haha , low income family, so no money for that shit.. but still was happy to see that dude coming in the street, and at the same time sad (aaaaaahh) , i used to hate those kids coming with a stack of bills, gettint the goodies for the whole fam, even jacked some kids once.. ahh the memories.

now i whenever i hear that truck coming I run faster then every kid, first in line and taking a loooong time deciding what to buy just to fuck with them..take that bitches.

but I made up for that by breaking in cake factories, feeling like charlie in the chocolate factory.. mad cakes , munchin like crazy with the other broke kids, and having major cake fights.. digest that shit and do it again.

• Are there many ice-cream truck related joints?

• on hot days i like to drive around the neihbourhood in my car with the windows down, blasting ice cream truck music.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Can't have an ice cream truck thread without this ...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Best shit ever were WWF Bars. but I just don't trust the freshness of an ice cream that has Jake The Snake on it still.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    Are there many ice-cream truck related joints?

this is the goat:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    Are there many ice-cream truck related joints?

When I was a kid it seemed like half the ice cream trucks sold joints.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Depends on how hot it is outside and whether they have the treats from my youth, i.e., Fat Frog and Bubbalo Bill. Although a Strawberry Shortcake will get love.

• i fucks with the bobby deniro.

vanilla soft serve dipped in chocolate.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts