• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    batmon said:
    Striking Distance
    Last Man Standing
    Pulp Fiction
    Unbreakable
    Sin City
    Bonfire Of The Vanities

dude has had a few sketch moments, but overall YAY!

RED wasn't a bad recent movie.......not amazing, but easily watchable

and no mention of the whole DIE HARD series?? wtf??!?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i say yay. even though he pretty much plays the same exact character ever since the 90s. you left off quite a bit of work from his ouevre.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i was letting other folks contribute thier favs.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i liked him in 12 monkeys, the first of many in his philly centric oeuvre. i also liked Moonlighting reruns as a kid.

but i really hate his music -when he tries to do Respect Yourself and Under the Boardwalk that's when i hear nails on a chalkboard like whoa and i feel weird inside

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    NAY. dude is corn. his filmography is weak as hell. die hard/ pulp fiction. that's it. and pulp ain't really his movie. don't get me started on the records.

• The fact that he has not, as yet, strangled Ashton Kutcher does not reflect well on the strength of his pimp hand. Reasonably likeable actor, though.

batmon said:

so does that mean that list consists of your favorites?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    meh

grandpa_shig said:
    batmon said:

so does that mean that list consists of your favorites?

they are my favs

die hard is default steez

id have to put moonlighting as the default. i liked his comedy stylings more than his cop who plays by his own rules bits. you know, like hudson hawk and the jackal.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Movies I somewhat liked to ride4life for (In no particular order)

Surrogates
    Red
    Lucky Number Slevin
    Unbreakable
    The Sixth Sense
    Armageddon
    The Fifth Element
    Last Man Standing
    Twelve Monkeys
    Die Hard: With a Vengeance
    Pulp Fiction
    Striking Distance
    The Last Boy Scout
    Bonfire Of The Vanities
    Die Hard
    Moonlighting (Only a couple of the first seasons)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nay

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Die Hard is one of my favourite movies so yay for that. Otherwise, I'm neutral about him as an actor.

grandpa_shig said:
    id have to put moonlighting as the default. i liked his comedy stylings more than his cop who plays by his own rules bits. you know, like hudson hawk and the jackal.

i never undrstood the moonlight hype. shit remind me of the cheers era. i just wasnt home in my teens to sit in front of the tv and watch that stuff. i missed several seasons of miami vice cause i didnt care about tv at the time. the moonlighting blone was not cute enuff for me to tune in.

striking distance is my roadhouse

young sarah jessica parker FTW

i was in the third grade. it was awesome cuz it was one of the few shows my strict asian parents would let me watch up until about 930, so i usually missed the last 1/2. it was also one of the first tv shows that had decent music. i distinctly remember when a man loves a woman and whiter shade of pale.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    YAY....

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Yay, and not only because of Pulp Fiction.

The Kid is a personal favorite.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    He used to feign Italian ancestry and call himself Bruno when he was a barkeep. Yet as I lash out my clenched fist to punch that smug mush, it turns into a "Good goin', kid!" series of friendly slaps to the jowl.

I must deal.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Had some well written comedy in it for what it was. Also pushed the boundaries of convention by breaking the fourth wall and whatnot, compared to other prime time stuff that was going on at the time

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Have you guys seen Kevin Smith's "Too Fat for 40"? The story he tells about directing Bruce Willis is rather funny.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Heddy said:
    Have you guys seen Kevin Smith's "Too Fat for 40"? The story he tells about directing Bruce Willis is rather funny.

What's the Cliffs Notes version of the story?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Heddy said:

What's the Cliffs Notes version of the story?

Bruce Willis was a giant douche bag after calling Kevin and being all "we're from Jersey. We gotta work together".

• leonleon 883 Posts
    He basically plays the same character over and over again but sometimes the script etc. is just more clever. This is a classic scene (unless it was bitten from a movie i don't know of) from Hudson Hawk :

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    He was great in The Player.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The Fifth Element is top 5 sci-fi movie of all time.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    unbreakable wasn't good.

i don't care if you're into comic books or whatever.

it just wasn't good.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    Okem said:

Die Hard is one of my favourite movies so yay for that. Otherwise, I'm neutral about him as an actor.

Funny you post this. this record came through work today. put it in a the personal stash

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    escoe said:
    Okem said:

Funny you post this. this record came through work today. put it in a the personal stash

whoa, never noticed the promo sticker before. has anyone ever seen that special? what the hell is that about?

rootlesscosmo said:
    unbreakable wasn't good.

i don't care if you're into comic books or whatever.

it just wasn't good.

disagree

Therre are a sliver of superhero flicks that really shows what happens to a person that gains abilities or copes with them.

Unbreakble hits that button. Daredevil and the Batmans both show u what its like when u get home after fighting crime and the mind/physical shit a hero goes through. Thats enuff for me when weighing it against the genre.

Most of the genre doesnt even go there.