iPod speaker docking stations recommendations

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
there's just so damn many models of these things and I have no idea where to begin. Obviously I am not going for some audiophile sound here, just something for the kitchen for the hour or so I'm in there a day. Amazon is blowing some of these models out right now. I guess the Bose joint is supposed to have good sound. Any other suggestions?b, 21b, 21 a href="http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1227899059/ref=sr_pg_1?ie=UTF8&rs=172282&keywords=ipod speaker dock&rh=n:172282,k:ipod speaker dock&page=1" target="_blank"1http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1227899059/r...r dock&page=1/a1

Comments

• Wow! This isn't the usual docking you're normally into interested in. The boy is growing up!

• you talmbout where I keep the yacht?

• Is that what y'all calling it?b, 21b, 21Sweating over an IPOD=proof you don't have records.b, 21b, 21Mash to slide tonight my dogs

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Is that what y'all calling it?
    b, 21
    b, 21Sweating over an IPOD=proof you don't have records.
    b, 21
    b, 21Mash to slide tonight my dogs
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21hahaha like I'ma put a whole nother setup in my kitchen for the limited time I spend in there? b, 21b, 21after all, it's your girl who's mostly in there cooking for me; I suppose I should ask her which one she wants....b, 21b, 21I gotta go to 111 Minna tonite, but I will attempt to smash thru Slide later...

• I'll mention this to her the next time the three of us are kicking it. You f*cking mouth breather

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i have this one, bose portable sound dockb, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ATG-r4fDL._SS500_.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21probably one of the more expensive ones (msrp of 399), but i absolutely love it. Charges your ipod, and it runs off built in rechargable battery. b, 21b, 21I use it mostly for the bedroom, but also since it is portable, take it to the dining room and kitchen. Really solid sound for its size.b, 21b, 21I also take it to bbq's and have it run for 4 hours or so at a time

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I use it mostly for the bedroom, but also since it is portable, take it to the dining room and kitchen. Really solid sound for its size.
    b, 21
    b, 21I also take it to bbq's and have it run for 4 hours or so at a time
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21damn so the rechargeable battery lasts for 4 hours of continuous play? that is sick. the fact that it doesnt need to be plugged in all the time is what sets this one apart from the bazillion other iPod docking stations I guess. dope.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    cosign the bose models. expensive tho.b, 21check the jbl radial (full size, not the mini). perfect for home use, and they sound good for the size. i haven't listened to any of those "on stage" models that amazon is featuring.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    also, if you decide not to go with the portable version of the bose sound dock, they have one thats almost the same size, but is corded. I had this previously, before upgrading to the portable model. The corded version is still great sound for its size, and can be purchased at reasonable prices on craigslist. b, 21b, 21I sold my old one on craigslist for 150, but have seen them go for as low as 100.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    any amazing new models i should be checking for in 2011?

Anyone had good results from the ones with detachable wireless speakers?